MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't want to piss off emoto, and I thank them for thier support of MV's and especially this site, but;

I think now that we know that it is possible to make a mount for the Scots/ohlins rotary damper, yet no one is willing to sell us just the mount (ignoring many of us who have dampers, and just want to swap them, and those of us who are content with the Scots damper and not willing to pay a premium for a name and a few extra clicks), I think that it should be very easy to fabricate a similar mount and either distribute necessary dimensions, or even the part itself.

·
Registered
119 Posts
With eMoto being a sponsor on this Forum I would like to think they would be able to help you and others here with similar circumstances. What did they and/or the other retailers say? Its ridicules to think you would have to buy a completely new dampener just to get the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I'm sure emoto can speak for themselves, but they told me that Ohlins won't do it...and that's that. I have not had the opportunity to look further into getting mounts made by the guy who does the prototypes for Scotts (I have his number somewhere, here). IIRC, the company is called Light Weight Products and is in the Pasadena, CA area.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
giomanach said:
I'm sure emoto can speak for themselves, but they told me that Ohlins won't do it...and that's that. I have not had the opportunity to look further into getting mounts made by the guy who does the prototypes for Scotts (I have his number somewhere, here). IIRC, the company is called Light Weight Products and is in the Pasadena, CA area.
If you could get that going that would be great, or maybe PM me some information.

I understand Ohlins may not be willing, but Scotts might, and even if not, I know there are people with access to a cnc mill, all we need is for someone with a bracket to hook up with someone with a mill :smoking:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I spoke to Acculign and they said that they are working on a mounting kit for the rotary Scotts as well as the shaft styled Ohlins. Don't call them and ask because they'll get mad at me for leaking stuff out. They don't like to answer phones and emails because it detracts from their main work which is design and manufacture. All their stuff is sold through Motovation.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kilat said:
I spoke to Acculign and they said that they are woking on a mounting kit for the rotary Scotts as well as the shaft styled Ohlins. Don't call them and ask because they'll get mad at me for leaking stuff out. They don't like to answer phones and emails because it detracts from their main work which is design and manufacture. All their stuff is sold through Motovation.
That's great news :yo: , esp. since Pitbul has no plans to make an MV mount for theirs, and Ohlins reportedly won't sell us the rotary mount alone.

·
Registered
185 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Update:

Due to demand, eMoto will be developing a high quality billet mount to fit the Scotts/Ohlins damper.

Will be our next project - ready soon, watch this space. :yo:

emoto Uk,

You guys are truly professional! You listen, respond and deliver to customer needs. I personally would like to extend my thanks and continued loyalty to you and your company. :yo:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eMoto UK said:
Update:

Due to demand, eMoto will be developing a high quality billet mount to fit the Scotts/Ohlins damper.

Will be our next project - ready soon, watch this space. :yo:

Great News! Thanks!

·
Registered
304 Posts
I think demand comes from desire to have steering damper at lower price...

I don't remember anyone complaining when oncycles offered Matris for $450 US...and I do not think oncycles lost money on that deal.

I know it was a limited time offer...but compare that to $650 US from emoto...

The poroblem is, I refure to pay so much in the markup!!! To me price of the dampers are unreasonable and I am not the only one feeling that,

hence is the demand for the mount for Scots.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It's not eMoto's fault. Remember when they were coming out with the Scott's? In Europe, that pricing is competitve for one, and they said there was nothing they could really do when I mentioned that you could get a complete Scotts kit here for $320 for most motorcycles. Thier pricing is competitve, in fact lower than almost everybody else in Europe, but it's still steep as hell for us on US soil.

What it boils down to, is us americans getting the shaft at there being no US dealers that stock Brutale stuff, and it resulting in us getting gouged by what's considered competitve pricing overseas.

I do agree that the pricing is very stiff. And people will always use the cop out "well, that's what you get when you buy an exotic bike"...which is BS, cause companies like Arrow produce awesome quality stuff at lower pricepoints. And even the Ducati market isn't as bad off as we are.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Thanks for your kind comments guys, we are working very hard and customers/MV riders input and feedback is very important to us, for sure.

We try and price all our parts as competive as possible, when the other company were offering a discount, we were as well; to those who emailed/pm'd us.

The kit we are producing is a brand new fitting kit and not the same as the one already available, we will inform you guys as soon as possible, and obviously the more we have produced in one go the lower the final price.

Thanks again for your kind words, good weekend to all.

Jonathan - Product development/management

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
eMoto UK said:
Thanks for your kind comments guys, we are working very hard and customers/MV riders input and feedback is very important to us, for sure.

We try and price all our parts as competive as possible, when the other company were offering a discount, we were as well; to those who emailed/pm'd us.

The kit we are producing is a brand new fitting kit and not the same as the one already available, we will inform you guys as soon as possible, and obviously the more we have produced in one go the lower the final price.

Thanks again for your kind words, good weekend to all.

Jonathan - Product development/management
Just to clarify, will the mount work with the Scotts mount as well as the Ohlins? Because a main benefit of buying just the mount is not only to be able to save on a new damper, but to be able to transfer one damper from bike to bike,

·
Registered
119 Posts
Has there ever been an attempt for a group buy from eMoto for their Matris or Ohlins damper set-ups? I for one have been interested in a damper but I surly can't justify $600 US dollars for one. $450 dollars is still very expensive but if that's what the market is bringing I guess that's what we have to pay for one. If the price was right I would consider getting in on a group buy and support our sponsor at the same time. I know I can’t be alone here with this subject.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I dunno if there's been one, but I'de be sure to allocate some money aside if they could get us a deal lower than $400 for a damper.

If I still had my other bike, I'de be seriously intrested in just the mount, as I had a Scott's...but now that this is it, well, I ahve to buy the whole kit, and I can't justify finiancially, or for my wn peace of mind $600 for a steering damper. Yes it's a safety item, and yes the Brute needs one, but damn $600+ is alot of money...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Having run a Scotts for several years on assorted off-road bikes, I just can't quite envision what benefit it would bring installed on a Brutale. While I'm not versed as to the operation of the Matris compared to the Scotts, I think at the very least, aesthetically speaking, it would be the nicer way to go.

Regards,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts