MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My bike is at the workshop for replacing the ABS-pump.
The good news is that I have brakes again, the bad news is that the ABS does not work, return/error/fault code is C1089, C 1089, C-1089

can anyone of find out what it means? The garage has no record of what it might be, so in my desparation of getting my bike back before the weekend I ask you the great knowledge of this forum to help me solve the problem

Thanks in advance,

/Fredrik

It is a F3 800 my2014

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
That is a "Chassis" detected trouble code, but it doesn't appear in the SAE list of standard codes so must be MV specific.

It is related to an ABS system circuit. Sensor malfunction, or similar. Probably a wire connection that is open or high resistance.

Tell them to test the wheel sensors and look at all the wiring connectors associated with the ABS pump/module.

I'll dig a little more today and see if I can find the specific code somewhere besides SAE list. I assume they looked in the workshop manual?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will give them a call and tell them what you said
once again thanks

/Fredrik

·
Administrator
19,486 Posts
See attached PDF.

The "1" indicates manufacturer specific code, so MV has designated that code themselves. That is why I can't find it in generic listings.

The "C" is definitely a chassis code. The only system in the chassis is the ABS (traction control is a "P" code)

The Diagnostic software should give a description of the code's meaning I would think. If not, it should be in the Workshop Manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Code found

If you are interested I will now let you know what the error code said.

The code for authorization for the software between bike and ABS unit was not accepted, new code ordered from factory and "bazinga" or if you prefer "presto" and ABS was working again, I have know tested it recklessly yesterday and I'm a happy rider.

Now I'm getting ready to take a ride that seams to be last one with descent tempatures until next season starts in april/maj 2015 here in Stockholm area Sweden.

Have fun

/Fredrik

1 - 5 of 5 Posts