MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I would say go with the '05 910. Seems many appreciate the increased power/torque over the 750, although they are both great machines! Same price, and the 910 does not have that many miles, can't go wrong!

·
Registered
44 Posts
tevengolf said:
My first MV
New 750 s or '05 910s with 5000km
Same price
Which one???
The good news is that you can't make a bad decision here, but having just been faced with a similar decision, I would have to recommend the 910. I was actually debating whether to get a used 750 or a new 910 and I opted to pay more for the new 910. It seems like you have a no-brainer on your hands. You have the benefit of more low-end torque and higher resale value - i.e. the 910 would be worth more in 1 year than the 750. I've only got 300 miles on my 910, so others may differ in their opinion, but for me the choice is clear!

·
Registered
512 Posts
tevengolf said:
My first MV
New 750 s or '05 910s with 5000km
Same price
Which one???
Take the 910, you will grow out of the 750 in no time, you can keep the 910 for longer and make it a project bike.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Well, I had the same debate with myself, and I say the 750.
I wouldn't buy I used one anyway, you never know what the previous owner did, or how it was broken in.

But, for me, it came to wanting a more revvy motor, cheaper insurance, and the matte black. Although I am very pleased that MV, unlike most companies, actually reduced weight when increasing displacement. This makes the 910 still fall into the 'middle-weight' class of bikes, while outputting significant power.

[edit]: Although the 910R looks more and more tempting every day.

·
Registered
180 Posts
tough choice

I think this choice is tougher than some may think. I too am going back & forth on this decision. I have seen the other differences/pros & cons mostly covered here. But one question still remains. I love the way the 750s delivers it's power. It's all excitement. gently building through the midrange & then exploding into the top end with the most glorious f1 style scream.......it's intoxicating!!!! But yet sometimes I'm left wanting more. Not at the top end, but in the middle. Obviously the 910 would address this issue. But how does this affect the sensation? Whereas the 750s power & torque curves peak at around the same revs the 910's torque explodes early & then tails off for for a long time while the power & rev's build. Best of both worlds perhaps? But how different does it feel, seat of the pants style.
My other doubt is the sound! what are the differences?
As there is no Brutale 910 demo for me to test in my area I will have to rely on what is discussed here and magazine reviews. I love My 750s, but It's time for a newbie????????
Help required please.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I think the thing that sums it up the most was back when the 910 was debuted, and the reviews were given....

This quote sums it up the best:

Motorcyclist Online said:
In the end, choosing between this and the Brutale 750 is harder than expected. I’d assumed all that extra midrange muscle would make the bigger bike demonstrably better. If that’s what you like, it is. The 910 is easier to ride and slightly faster, but it’s also lost the smoothness and barking-mad bluster that make the 750 so much fun. Although most people will probably opt for the $14,500 910 when it arrives in America this fall, I’m not convinced. Bigger, in this case, isn’t necessarily better.
There you have it. Mind blustering 2-stoke style fun, or literbike torqueyness. I've driven many a literbikes, and ABSOLUTELY LOVE TQ, and coming from a liter twin, TQ is something I'm missing. BUT, I love the scream and fun this bike has up top. I'm kinda wondering what they mean by lacking mid range, as midrange is aroundthe 6K mark, and that's where I have the most fun cause that's where the power starts kicking in...unless thier idea of midrange is 3-4K...but then what's considered bottom end?

All in all, you can't go wrong. Remember "Bigger, in this case, isn’t necessarily better."....

·
Registered
154 Posts
I rode the 750 last year and while it was fun, I wasn't too impressed with the power delivery. But then again I didn't thrash that thing around since it was a demo. I ended up not buying it. Then I rode the 910 this year and bought the 910R. The power was noticeably different at the low end and the front wheel came up effortlessly. The brakes were also incredible even on the base 910. I am mostly a ducati person and prefer the lower end torque. That's why I prefer my 999R over the F4 (but I admit the AGO is one sweet looking bike ... almost bought it on looks alone and the bike sold the next day later, oh well). I do believe the 750 is MORE forgiving, but takes more effort to ride to get the same visceral rush from a 910.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the advise and observations fellas.
I must admit the 910 felt like a handfull and the throttle was sensitive at slow speeds compared to the 750, there is something addictive about all that torque though.
It's interesting also reading all the Mag reviews that are around - the majority seem to lean towards the 750 over the 910 stating the 'fun free revving engine factor' wins over torque.
Having owned numerous tourers (Harleys and currently a Beemer R1200RT) perhaps the new 750 is for me.
Can't wait to pick it up!

·
Registered
154 Posts
tevengolf said:
Thanks for all the advise and observations fellas.
I must admit the 910 felt like a handfull and the throttle was sensitive at slow speeds compared to the 750, there is something addictive about all that torque though.
It's interesting also reading all the Mag reviews that are around - the majority seem to lean towards the 750 over the 910 stating the 'fun free revving engine factor' wins over torque.
Having owned numerous tourers (Harleys and currently a Beemer R1200RT) perhaps the new 750 is for me.
Can't wait to pick it up!
I'm sure you'll have fun on the 750. And what you said about the "sensitive" throttle of the 910 even at low speeds is right. You really have to be careful because the front wheel comes off the road so easily. I'd have to say that the character of the 750 from an engine perspective differs from the 910 such that they feel like two different bikes (what a difference 160cc makes!). I'd love to ride both on the track, but especially the 750 at 10K+ rpm. The 750 really has to be flogged. Flogging the 910 may be asking for trouble.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
herrsonic said:
And what you said about the "sensitive" throttle of the 910 even at low speeds is right.
True! Just like many bikes today, (FZ1, ZX10, RC51) the 910 is very touchy with the on/off transition. You guys need to ride a properly mapped bike.

(don't blame MV, blame the clean air guys)

Matty with his 750 has reported better running and wait until I get Anuccis 910 bike mapped. It is a minor problem that is easily fixed. :grin:

·
Registered
798 Posts
airfuel said:
True! Just like many bikes today, (FZ1, ZX10, RC51) the 910 is very touchy with the on/off transition. You guys need to ride a properly mapped bike.

Matty with his 750 has reported better running and wait until I get Anuccis 910 bike mapped. It is a minor problem that is easily fixed. :grin:
I am there this Saturday morning John!!! :drummer:

·
Registered
154 Posts
airfuel said:

I will likely do this. What are you using to map the bike ... something like a power commander? With the 910R I believe a chip comes with the race exhaust. I may just run the bike with just the race exhaust and its chip, and depending on how it runs for my riding style, it's possible I may have to have it mapped again. Maybe I should just wait to receive the race exhaust?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Aussie MV said:
Gee sorry, I thought this is how you spell ludicrous, :rolleyes:, everyone has an opinion.
How about absurd, foolish, ridiculous.

Shall we run all our posts through spell check for you :loser:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts