MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone !

Unfortunately I can not open my seat/tail part on the F4-1000.
The wire leading from the key to the lock got very loose or stuck or broken
and it is impossible to release the lock. It was OK before, so it's not me...
Behind the keyhole I can get hold of the wire but it's loose and not doing anything in any direction.

Could anyone post a photo of the inside of the seat to see the position of the lock and the wiring (as I do not remeber it - the bike is only 10 days old)
or maybe someone has a good idea or experience how to open it in this situation without doing any damage.

Thanks for your help friends.

·
Registered
151 Posts
klingon said:
Hi everyone !

Unfortunately I can not open my seat/tail part on the F4-1000.
The wire leading from the key to the lock got very loose or stuck or broken
and it is impossible to release the lock. It was OK before, so it's not me...
Behind the keyhole I can get hold of the wire but it's loose and not doing anything in any direction.

Could anyone post a photo of the inside of the seat to see the position of the lock and the wiring (as I do not remeber it - the bike is only 10 days old)
or maybe someone has a good idea or experience how to open it in this situation without doing any damage.

Thanks for your help friends.
Get a Long skinny screw drvier and from the rear of the bike where the two holes in the plastics are on each side of the brake lights, you can push the locking mechanism open with the screw driver!

You may want to check the proximity of the lock with the relay that is next to it, its the rubberclip connected to the undertray. they put it too close and many times the locking mechanism cannot get full motion because it keeps hitting the rubber relay straps..

If you are still having problems let me know I will take some pics and show you what I mean!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks indeed for your help - problem solved. Managed to release it through the opening. I forgot that there are 2 separate wires and two locks in different places. Thought the lock at the end of the tail was dead. However had to adjust the screws on the locks as the wire was still loose and it was not opening reliably. Now it's all OK.
Thanks again !

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Just to add a footnote on this; when unlocking the seat unit I usually press down on the tail unit at the same time to ease the pressure on the locking plate. I'm always worried I will damage the Ignition key by putting too much pressure on it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts