MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Again

I seem to run into one problem after the other lately.....
Went out of petrol today as i could not find a filling station that has unleaded fuel. Bike went dead and i was forced to put a couple of liters of regular fuel. The bike sparked immediately and i drove a couple of kms till i could fill tank with the petrol that i normally use.

Sparked the bike but it would not start......
I checked all fuses individually - all are ok.
I noticed some petrol dropping from one of the discharge hoses (just like coolant discharges when excess).

I suspect dirt from empty fuel tank.... am i correct?
Can i get guidelines on how to clean?
Do i remove the tank and change the filter? air clean the hoses?

Thanks for the help....... I am really on my own here without any dealer / maintenance support.

I look forward to your replies

Michael

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
Fuel from the discharge hose is likely the fuel tank vent. Maybe the tank was overfilled and some fuel escaped the venting system in the cap?

As for the no-start problem, you may have a hose that has come dislodged from the fuel pump. Something a few of us have experienced.

You will need to remove the tank and turn it over to remove the fuel pump from the base to reattach any disconnected hoses.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the tank was over filled. I removed it and drained all the fuel from it.
Made a mess in process because i could not drain unless i turned it upside down...
I did not dare remove the pump...too many screws and sounded complicated.
Anyways, i reconnected the hoses and refueled.

Bike is working but the rpm is not stable... jerking between 0.9 and 1.25.
Do you recomend i use injector cleaners or something of this sort?
I hope whatever it is that is causing this will disappear after a ride the bike again tomorrow.

Any suggestions are welcome

Michael

·
Registered
968 Posts
I'd be tempted to ride it like I stole it (normal ride then :toothless) just to see if it cleans itself up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts