MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought her a few months ago and all has been well for the most part.. Recently she began backfiring on deceleration which I somehow attributed to the Power Commander. I also began noticing an intermittent humm coming from the bike when she's off ( NO idea what that is, but its coming from the tank area.. vacuum/ gas vapor issue?)

Today I'm riding her and she suddenly does dead and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree... only for a hot second then all was fine but she was now constantly backfiring/popping on deceleration. As I came to a red light.. she up and died on me.

I turn the key and NO activity whatsoever... as if the battery is dead.

Bike had been sitting for the past 4 days but fired when I got on her to ride her home from work.

Ideas??

I had to trailer her home and am now gonna go check the battery but I don't think thats the problem...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Bought her a few months ago and all has been well for the most part.. Recently she began backfiring on deceleration which I somehow attributed to the Power Commander. I also began noticing an intermittent humm coming from the bike when she's off ( NO idea what that is, but its coming from the tank area.. vacuum/ gas vapor issue?)

Today I'm riding her and she suddenly does dead and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree... only for a hot second then all was fine but she was now constantly backfiring/popping on deceleration. As I came to a red light.. she up and died on me.

I turn the key and NO activity whatsoever... as if the battery is dead.

Bike had been sitting for the past 4 days but fired when I got on her to ride her home from work.

Ideas??

I had to trailer her home and am now gonna go check the battery but I don't think thats the problem...
Check your fuses. check tank is not vacuming, try the bike without the power commander.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked all fuses.. they're fine

still nada when i turn the key... no dash lights etc... off to check the battery

1 - 6 of 6 Posts