MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey mates,

I took a ride this morning and after pulling up to a gas station to fill up the empty tank, the bike would not start. What's weird is that it would make a "crackle" sound and then nothing. The instrument panel lights up, the horn works, but when I try to start it up, the crackle noise comes back and every single light and LCD display on the dash begins to flash.

Those of you with mechanical abilities (pretty much everyone but me)...what do you think it is? I already tried charging the battery.

Help me...please. :bawling:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Crackle=low battery or bad connection, unusual for it to start at home but not at the fuel station, maybe the 40A charge fuse has blown? (fuse is behind the starter solenoid, LH side, relay on frame tube)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mikef4uk said:
Crackle=low battery or bad connection, unusual for it to start at home but not at the fuel station, maybe the 40A charge fuse has blown? (fuse is behind the starter solenoid, LH side, relay on frame tube)
Yep. The battery was completely dead, which is why is was not taking the tickle charge. A brand-new Yuasa and $97 less in my pocket and the F4 is good as new. Thanks!! :f4:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts