MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys can you help me to buy spare parts for Agusta f4 1000???

Attachments

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
I can help with some of those parts Sergey and I am sure there are other guys on here who will chime in too but, the damage to the engine casing to which the F4 timing cover is fitted is significant and will require the attentions of a highly competent engineer/ tig welder ? to build back up...and refinish....

joe

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I've got the forks, steering damper bracket, and front fairing support plates. I'd get a quote to get the engine case welded before you starts sinking money into parts.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I have the case cover with a few tiny scuffs you can have. Just pay for shipping or anyone can pick up in Manhattan. lmk and I'll look for it.

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
What we see here in full swing is the free market in competition ; )

Sergey..get the engine case fixed and then get your parts ; )

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I need to book for 43, 46, 47, it means candles, cover, gasket and two bolts that would start the engine! Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CAG you're basically correct to say, but I will need these parts ... Could you send me a photo or otherwise explain which parts you can offer me?

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
broken cases?

Carl;
he doesn't need the cases welded.....its just a cover:naughty:

Sergey;
to fix the cases;
remove the broken lower front bolt
clean the broken part of the case
coat a M6x1.0 bolt with release compound, car wax or silicone(test it to make sure it won't stick to the bolt)
place it it the broken hole and epoxy it in place... you can use wax paper or poly to shape the epoxy
file the epoxy flush with the gasket surface
use RTV silicone to seal the cover

i can weld with anybody on this planet....
and this was done to my 910R.....
will i weld it to fix it? are you kidding? it doesn't leak
:drummer:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I thought from the pictures the bottom of the case was ground down. I know he doesn't need to weld to replace the bolt.

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
Carl;
its got some asphalt scratches in it.....but if he epoxies up the broken lug, a new cover and little RTV silicone will have him back on the road with no problems
:drummer:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts