MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I rode my SPR yesterday and today it didn't want to start… the batter is brand new… full tank of gas and all the fuses are fine and I've don't all the fluid changes. It's off how it won't start from one day to the next. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
So, I rode my SPR yesterday and today it didn't want to start… the batter is brand new… full tank of gas and all the fuses are fine and I've don't all the fluid changes. It's off how it won't start from one day to the next. Has anyone else had this issue?

When you turn the key on ignotion does the fuel pump prime? You should hear a whining noise from the fuel pump in the tank. If theres no noise then thats the problem.

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
1 common thing comes to mind.....fuel hose from pump to filter popped off (fuel pump runs but the fuel just circulates inside the tank).

New battery and engine cranks over strongly? If it was running well one minute and then not the next and doesn't ever hit at all the pump hose is likely.

Welcome to the family....SPR, nice bike, very special (if I do say so myself!!).

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Well being a propa smart Alec, the definitive answer is to go through the fault finder flow chart in the manual/owners book..

Then if you get stuck at a certain point we'd have something to go on ; )

joe

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Brand new battery...how long before this event? Is the polarity correct?
(I also lean toward the fuel hose theory, if everything runs like it should when the ignition is turned on.)

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Alarm fitted? On/Off button? Starter relay?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts