MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
It's my first post here in this forum, I'm proudly a new owner of a 2000 mv agusta f4 750.
It's a great bike to look at but not to ride, well at least mine is not.

I have a big issue and I'm hoping you guys could be any help

After I ride the bike for 15 minutes its fine, right after it starts loosing power when I give it throttle and when the rpms get over 2000/3000, 3 seconds after the power comes back again and then goes away, and it goes on and on.
I stop the bike for 10 minutes to cool off, and then turn it on and it's fine for 15 minutes again then it hits me up with the exact same thing.
I drive it in town, wich means never over third gear, its just second and third most of the time I think it overheats?
I took it to a mechanic and told him about this and he was sure it was a fuel pump problem, still i wanted to know what you guys think.
I tried to do a long distance with the bike and it lost power completely after almost 30 kilometers
The bike has a full arrow line, the sound is dreamy and turns every head in town.
I live in marrakech, it's so damn hot in here everyday i think it might be the problem but even though when it's night time and cold it does this.

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
It does sound like a fuel supply problem.

Has the maintenance been done on the fuel filter and supply side hoses?
If so, by whom?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got it 10 days ago and I haven't done any maintenance or service to it just yet but it had this problem the day I got it, the guy who sold it to me tells me that I have to push it hard if I want to avoid this problem, he says that I need to make it scream before I change gears, I'll do that in the city and I'll end up driven inside a hurse.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It sounds like the fuel pump hoses, most likely not the breather. The pump hoses break down and can not hold the pressure. Replace all the fuel pump hoses within the tank and most other original hoses as long as your taking the tank off.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
It sounds like the fuel pump hoses, most likely not the breather. The pump hoses break down and can not hold the pressure. Replace all the fuel pump hoses within the tank and most other original hoses as long as your taking the tank off.
If the hoses are damaged/holed/dislodged Doc, he won't be going anywhere at all.
Why not the breather ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Also, check your air temperature/ pressure sensor. It is located under the left front cover and sits on your RAM tube. (next to your dash) You can unplug it and test the bike. If it is faulty, it can cause this symptom

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If the hoses are damaged/holed/dislodged Doc, he won't be going anywhere at all.
Why not the breather ?
It could be the breather, I suppose, but my bike had the same problem and it turned out to be one of the fuel pump lines within the tank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think it's a tire pressure deal, it certainly has something to do with the fuel or I'm probably wondering it could be the relays? Or somethings to do with heat because I can feel the bike getting hot when it does the problem, it means that overheating causes the fuel system to not work well

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
Those of us who have these bikes...that "run hot"...do not experience what you describe.

Pull the tank, pull the fuel pump plate and inspect your hoses and filter. Eliminate that issue.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Those of us who have these bikes...that "run hot"...do not experience what you describe.

Pull the tank, pull the fuel pump plate and inspect your hoses and filter. Eliminate that issue.
Yes I agree..

Give the bike a thorough service or you'll have problems popping up like whack a mole. :blah:

and check/ clean electrical connections starting with the battery. because as the wires get hotter the resistance goes up..

Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts