MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. I'm considering going over to the naked side. The raw 1078 or the more civilized 1090? Both with the appropriate Race ECU and decent pipes of course.

I truly welcome all responses. My only experience with a Brutale was with a 910S, a week long almost two years ago, when my F4 1078RR still had cooling problems.

Cheers,

Michiel

·
Registered
727 Posts
B 1078...because I love the F4 1078 so I can imagine the FUN factor on the Brute and I´m sure you can get a good deal also!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
B 1078...because I love the F4 1078 so I can imagine the FUN factor on the Brute and I´m sure you can get a good deal also!
List price for both is the same at my dealer's but the 1078RR's list price sounds a lot more negotiable.

I love my F4 1078RR (the Millesettantotto) but I'm afraid it'll have to go to make place for a (slightly) more practical ride. I won't be able to ride as much as I did due to a change of working environment. Riding to work through the Amsterdam canal street system on a Brutale seems slightly less bonkers than on an F4.

The rawness of the 1078 attracts me more than the supposedly more civilized nature of the 1090; but that's all theory as I haven't ridden one yet.

I should have read Khameron's extensive (though not conclusive :naughty:) review of May 2010 before posting; he knows what he's talking about.

Any further commenst are very welcome!

·
Registered
983 Posts
I've only driven B1078 so I can not compare the ride characteristics. But I can confirm that a 1078 is raw.

I would argue that it is easy to håndere in the city. You will get a good view of traffic when you sit so upright. But the gas is a bit off and on.

A Brutal 1090 is surely yet more manageable. But when it comes to build quality, I mean the old 1078 is at a level above the new model. At least when it comes to appearance.

No matter whom you choose, it is desirable bikes both.

Good luck with your purchase.
Glenn

·
Registered
456 Posts
one thing to consider, is the older 1078 will have more aftermarket pipes and such for it that are interchangeable than the new 1090.

i'm noticing that for the 1090 year there are not a lot of mod parts out for it compared to a 1078 bike and such, something to consider if you really want to mod the bike a bit.

·
Registered
456 Posts
the older ti mid pipes are really nice and have more options to connect to the stock cans than the current 1090, i would love to get a set of ti mid/headers going to the stock cans instead of the arrow/thunder exhaust can.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The lack of response is amazing to say the least :wtf: I should have posted this in my trusted F4 section. I knew it! :f4:

·
Administrator
20,100 Posts
You can't go wrong with either one....but the new bike has more sophisticated electronics.

Either way, your commute will be a blast!!!!

I would lean toward the 1090, just because it is the latest iteration and will remain current tech for at least a few more years, while the 1078 is already dated.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can't go wrong with either one....but the new bike has more sophisticated electronics.

Either way, your commute will be a blast!!!!

I would lean toward the 1090, just because it is the latest iteration and will remain current tech for at least a few more years, while the 1078 is already dated.
I tend towards the rawness of the 1078; it's what I'm used to. But that's all reine theorie. I'll probably (bar the rain, which isn't forecast) test ride a 1090RR and a 989R back to back on Wednesday afternoon. 6 degr C and dry weather predicted; not ideal but it'll have to do on curvy country roads... :mouthwate

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've not riden the 1090 but I don't get the rawness that is mentioned from the 1078.

Mine is smooth and predictable - not at all the beast that people talk about. I just don't don't get it.

Now the 910 is a different story, that bike (the one I rode) had such poor fueling and notchy throttle response that it was almost unrideable.
Night and day difference with the 1078 being so much more manageable.

and yeah, this section is pretty sleepy...

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I think the 1078rr is a fantastic bike and if you get a ride on one I'm sure like me you'll absolutely love it. Mike take a real long look all around a 1078.. it's beautiful...then get a good ride on it and I bet you say...'I GOTTA GET ME ONE OF THESE!!!'. All the best with your choice (whatever it is). Brian

·
Registered
786 Posts
I think the 1078 and the 1090 are pretty similar really with regard to 'which is the best for the money' - assuming the 1078 is sold for about 15% less as is being done at my local dealers. I'm edging towards the 1090 because as said its modern tech.

It has everything the 1078 has except its not tamburini. However... I really think that MV have kept the brand that Tamburini helped to establish. And not to forget that really Claudio Castiglioni (or howver you spell his name) is and always has been the driving force behind MV and I get the impression that he does not compromise on any of his products. The 1090 might be designed by some less established designers, but I think it is a true MV no doubt about it and they are following the Tamburini tradition with Claudio approving the final product as per his own high standard.

Im saving for the 1090 to upgrade from my 910S. The 1078 Is such a bargain at the moment, but since I have a 910S already I'm ready for the next model. If I didn't already have a brutale I'd go for the 1078.

The 1090 is going to get me more respect with non-MV owners since it looks a lot more modern and has the gadgets expected from modern exotic machines. Amongst other MV owners though the 1078 will get you the same or even greater appreciation as the 1090 without a doubt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts