MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have to wear glasses when riding - actually have to wear them full time. Seem to struggle to get my glasses to fit on properly.
Can anyone recommend a helmet thats glasses friendly?

Great site too

Rgds
Jonathan

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
i sometimes wear sunglasses when riding, like for multiday trips where i don't want to bring a second visor.

basically what I look for are frames that are flush against the temple. that's about it, haven't had too many issues with fit going with that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nolan N102 flip up helmet for my daily driver.

I can't get my glasses into the Arai, but yes for my Shark helmet.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
arai vector. arai rx7 corsair. shark rsi, have all of them and glasses no problem at all
i wear prescription glasses full time too

·
Registered
45 Posts
I too wear glasses all the time, ya have to get frames that have rigid legs or arms or whatever you call them...anything flexible won't do. Using an Arai profile for the record.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
It depends on the (arms of the) glasses as much as on the helmet. I choose my (sun and normal) glasses to fit when wearing a helmet (AGV GP-Tech). Oakley Monster Dog for sunglasses if I'm correct and Hamburg Eyewear (goggle type) for normal glasses. The Hamburg ones are really good and comfortable, also for watching tv!

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
Never had to wear glasses until I reached my 40's....then just reading glasses...now as I approach 60 it is tri-focals !!! :lightning

I have several pair and find that the temples make all the difference in ease of putting them on with a helmet. My current pair are very hard to get on no matter what helmet (Shoei, Arai, Bell Star). So I wear an older pair when riding that have a more straight ear bend and slightly more narrow width at the temple.

When I get a new pair of glasses (soon) I plan to take my helmet with me to test fit before I order !!!! :nerd:

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Never had to wear glasses until I reached my 40's....then just reading glasses...now as I approach 60 it is tri-focals !!! :lightning

I have several pair and find that the temples make all the difference in ease of putting them on with a helmet. My current pair are very hard to get on no matter what helmet (Shoei, Arai, Bell Star). So I wear an older pair when riding that have a more straight ear bend and slightly more narrow width at the temple.

When I get a new pair of glasses (soon) I plan to take my helmet with me to test fit before I order !!!! :nerd:
Exactly what I did when I needed new glasses.

Hamburg Eyewear Foftein is what I got, and they're really perfect under a helmet; goggle shaped as they are they really embrace your face. I would guess you could get them as sunglasses too. Cheap they ain't. http://www.hamburg-eyewear.de/en/eyeglasses/foftein/foftein-8.html

1 - 10 of 10 Posts