MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title implies, I want to buy a shield for the summer for my new arai and don't know which one to go with. Anybody use a mirror visor? How is the vision? I don't like the visor being too dark hence the light smoke would be my other choice. Anybody have any experience?

Thanks Guys.
Kevin

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I have a light smoke vison on my rx-7 arai and it works great during the day and isn't so dark that if you get stuck someplace and it gets dark, you can still see pretty good. When i had a mirrored faceshield, i couldn't ride at all at night. just my $.02

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
I also have the Arai rx-7 and have the mirrored visor
if you do try to ride at night it will be difficult to see

The other day I went for a ride and knew I would be coming home in the dark
so I put the clear one on and wore sunglasses until it got dark

I guess light smoke might be the way to go for you since you don't want something too dark?....maybe

·
Registered
39 Posts
another thing about the mirrored is any scratches or marks tend to let more light through and it can be like riding under partial tree cover and the light dapples over your eyes and becomes quite off putting,hence why ive gone back to smoked.

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
timk, this is totally off topic, but that avatar is fantastic. I just laughed out loud when i saw it!!!:D

·
The Machinist
2,448 Posts
I have light smoke on my helmets, love them.

Tattoo on the lower back....might as well be a bullseye!:laughing:

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
The shoei iridiums are not horribly dark. However, my trick is I wear clear safety glasses when I ride. This way, I can go visor up anytime, especially after the sun goes down. I have always done this and find it is an excellent idea.

Griff
Twoeleven

1 - 12 of 12 Posts