MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I interested in getting a new helmet and these are the two brands I'm currently looking at. Vemar VSREV and OGK FF4. My questions are. Which one is do you think is better and why ? Also I not able to try on either one. OGK is not in the states as far as I can tell and no Vemar dealer close enough. I am Medium in HJC AC-12 , Arai Corser V and Shoei X-11 and RF-1100. So would a medium fit me in either on of these.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
170 Posts
Both fits are just different enough (very "european") that I would never but one without trying it on first.
Fit is FOREMOST.
Totally agree, I had a Shoei helmet XL before and bought an Arai helmet, but needed size XXL, so it can make a big difference what brand you take.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Hi all, I interested in getting a new helmet and these are the two brands I'm currently looking at. Vemar VSREV and OGK FF4. My questions are. Which one is do you think is better and why ? Also I not able to try on either one. OGK is not in the states as far as I can tell and no Vemar dealer close enough. I am Medium in HJC AC-12 , Arai Corser V and Shoei X-11 and RF-1100. So would a medium fit me in either on of these.

Thanks,
Rob

Headshape. Fit. Quality (it's your head). AGV? They fit me well; oblong headshape.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey Rob,

I've had both helmets. The OGK is a nice track helmet. It's very snug and not as quiet. The VSREV is also a nice track helmet but it seems to fit bigger. I usually wear a size small and I had to get x-small cheekpads for the VSREV to fit properly.

The OGK has the normal Japanese fit, while the VSREV is a little different. My noggin fits a my Suomy (Extreme and Vandal) best. My X-lite, RX-7 then my TiTech, in that order.

I've sold my OGK and in the process of selling one of my VSREV. It just doesn't fit me too well.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.
I'm planning on heading up to NY in a few months and will stop off in Maryland. There is a Vemar dealer there. i'm also looking Shoei or AGV. I just have not found a graphic I like on the Shoei Rf-1000 or rf-1100. seem better suited for a chopper gas tank IMHO. I do like the graphics on the x-11 but did not like the fit. Love the AGV's but not much of a discount on the ones I like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts