MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the market for either a AGV Ti-Tech solid black or a Shoei X-Eleven solid black? any suggestions..or... comments on these two helmets? :yo:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Personally, which ever fits better should be a first choice, then consider graphics as secondary.

The only thing you would not be able to tell while in a store is how much noise it makes in the wind. It's really hard to tell if a helmet is a good fit for another person... Have you tried them on?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive tried the shoei x-eleven and it fits terrific.. but i am going to another shop to try on an agv this weekend.. i will make my final decision next monday!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i really like the Arai Rx-7 but.... i am leaning more towards the shoei because of ventilation.. :x

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really liked the Arai RX-7 until I bought one. I can't wait to go back to Shoei. I have a melon for a head and the Arai fits...but there's too much going on with it and it's really quite noisy. I think my next lid will be an X-11.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I really liked the Arai RX-7 until I bought one. I can't wait to go back to Shoei. I have a melon for a head and the Arai fits...but there's too much going on with it and it's really quite noisy. I think my next lid will be an X-11.
I've got em both, and I like em both. I've got a HUGE Mellon head. I agree with Duc Man on the RX7 being loud, but it is noticeably lighter than the X11. Build quality on both helmets are superb.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just recently tried on a ton of different helmets and the one that fits me best is an Arai profile with the long oval fit. I bought one and love it. If you have a round head supposedly the arai quantum is for you.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just recently tried on a ton of different helmets and the one that fits me best is an Arai profile with the long oval fit. I bought one and love it. If you have a round head supposedly the arai quantum is for you.

in all your trying did you find one suitable for a flat head.........most lids come down too low so not much vision bettween eyes and the top rim of lid openning

·
Registered
61 Posts
in all your trying did you find one suitable for a flat head.........most lids come down too low so not much vision bettween eyes and the top rim of lid openning

I did not really make a mental note of the top of my head fitting or not. Might read up on some different helmets here http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm . They talk alot about the different fits out there. You might have to get a size smaller and play with cheek pads to make it a certain one fit you right.

Edit. I remember reading about one guy who had to stuff the top section with the foam he pulled from the upper portion of a bicycle helmet. He just had a weird shape I guess, but it worked for him. Not sure how safe it would be in an impact but it has got to be better than empty space.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i dont like the noise of the rx-7 nor the little plastic tab that i broke while changing visors. it has rendered the helmet useless. the fit was great though. last week, i got an x-lite 801rr and its fabulously comfortable, great fit. not dead quiet though. nice visor system and rated one star safer than the arai. johnny cecotto rep paint job by italian mamas, i'm told.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I tried both the rx7 and x11, both fit about the same so i went with graphics next. I kept switching them back and forth to try and tell a differnce but they were both good. I went with the x11 kagayama, i like the graphics best.

there's a hein gericke shop in heilbronn that will let you test ride the helmets to make sure yuo like them, and to REALLY know which one is the best for you, while riding! Ask for Rene.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Anyone try the Vemar?

The webbikeworld link mentioned above is well done and contains lot's of good info with ratings etc....of course fit can't be determined completely without putting the lid on your head.

The Vemar gets great ratings if a bit heavy. Supposedly the vision is fantastic which is nice considering the MV ergonomics and neck wrenching needed to check traffic and such. The full carbon version is too expensive but the VTXE and VSREV are more reasonably priced.

My AGV X-Vent fits me so nice and is pretty quiet but is now 6 years old and I just scratched the face shield so the feelers are out for a replacement. The AGV Ti-Tech doesn't get a great review but am wondering about the XR2? since I already know that AGV's fit me well.

Almost too many choices nowadays and I dislike doing the mail order thing with fit-sensitive products as you inevitably end up sending things back and paying shipping more than once.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I currently have a a couple Schuberth flip-ups (wear glasses) and after reading webbikeworld the J1 and the R1 have my interest. I would have one imported since they are not DOT approved in the US. (In Pennsylvania lids are an option.) I live in a dense NE urban area making the J1 is very appealing. I wonder how it would work with a Brutale at higher speeds and during colder months? I tend to ride at least 10 months out of the year. And at the same time the R1 seems like its ideal as well. Hell I wish to have both... grrrrr Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I'm a big Arai RX7 fan, at the moment I've got 3. However the last helmet I purchased was an AGV Hi-Tech limited edition Rossi replica. I prefer the visor on the RX7. The fit of the RX7 is better. The chin strap is better on the RX7 (the dome that attaches the end of the strap is easier to clip in). I'm a fussy bastard. I notice no difference in wind noise.
The moral of the story is an old quote I read years ago: "If you've got a $10 head you'll buy a $10 helmet"
Either the Shoei or AGV will keep you as safe as any of the other helmets mentioned above.
Be safe yall.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just got picked up an AGV GP Tech Rossi dreamtime. The fit is excellent. It is also the
quietest helmet I own. The only downside is that you have to re enact birth to put it
on and take it off.

photo.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts