MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
the helmet of the future and it means cleaner lines to your bike
www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9uLsMq7mBE&NR=1

We know the owner of Reevu Helmets and will be producing Customised version of their helmets mid 2010:yo:

I have tested this helmet and i must say that it does work, the first few Prototypes had problems with the inner Mirror system but now changes have sorted those issues out.

I think thats why launch has been Delayed.

Keep an eye on our marketplace as we will be offering these when our stock comes in.

Al

·
Administrator
18,844 Posts
That's pretty cool.....nice scenery in the video, too....but THEY'RE ALL DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!!!!! :jsm: scary !! :stickpoke

·
Registered
395 Posts
I wonder a little about the safety of having most of the back of the helmet- a place surely you'd want full protection- as a visor vs. a solid material. If it's passing DOT and etc it must be safe enough. Looks like a cool product; I want one!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I would request an auto dim for night time driving. Some headlights can be very bright although there is rarely anybody behind me.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Great idea....I'd use it. Hopefully they invest the same money and time into building an excellent helmet. I get tired of seeing good ideas put into a cheap helmets.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I remember reading a test by a motorcycle magazin about this helmet (or similar design) one or two years ago. There biggest issue on this is that You have to keep Your Head pretty steady in the same position. Leaning forward like on sports bike for an example leaves You seeing the sky. Not to mention moving around on Bikes, turning your head to look foreward in turns, etc. I think everyone of us experienced already what a slight movement of your head compared to mounted rear view mirrors does in altering the image you see. In my eyes this can only work if the whole mirror / prism thing would be electronically constantly keept in level to the horizon and the motorcycle axis. Plus the mirrors / prisms need to be constantly following the changes. Honestly if You guys think about it, this all would way to complex to be fitted in a helmet.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I remember reading a test by a motorcycle magazin about this helmet (or similar design) one or two years ago. There biggest issue on this is that You have to keep Your Head pretty steady in the same position. Leaning forward like on sports bike for an example leaves You seeing the sky. Not to mention moving around on Bikes, turning your head to look foreward in turns, etc. I think everyone of us experienced already what a slight movement of your head compared to mounted rear view mirrors does in altering the image you see. In my eyes this can only work if the whole mirror / prism thing would be electronically constantly keept in level to the horizon and the motorcycle axis. Plus the mirrors / prisms need to be constantly following the changes. Honestly if You guys think about it, this all would way to complex to be fitted in a helmet.

There have been some modifications made to the MSX1 and the helmet will now be available internationally with a fully adjustable optic to suit the various riding positions / head shapes / eye levels to get that even more bespoke fit. The chin strap has also been changed to a quick release system, a new improved liner and better ventilation.

To fit the optic part for that bespoke rearview image

1. Fit the helmet to the head snugly, without any movement.
2. For best results, try helmet on outside on a walkway with traffic coming from behind. (Do not step out into traffic).

3. If the road behind is not clearly seen, take the movable front optic and rotate it forward and back using slight pressure between finger and thumb until full view is given.
4. After this initial adjustment a full view should be available.
5. If a more sophisticated adjustment is needed, then by inserting the special Reevu driver into the hexagon socket located just above the mirror inside the helmet.
The mirror system can be adjusted into and out from the helmet. (Do not over adjust this optic past its stops).

6. A re-adjustment will be needed if the optic is retracted or extended for that extraordinary fit.

Finally, the optic system in this helmet is to give the wearer a view of the road directly behind by using peripheral vision, the same way that we use the central mirror in other vehicles.

Al

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Anybody know if they are available in Australia?.Finaly a cure for the Mv elbow syndrome

·
Registered
647 Posts
very clever. Just bought a new helmet so that'll have to wait until i hear hear a bunch of ppl saying how great they really are and that they dont know how they rode for so long without one.... then maybe. Bloody good none the less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts