MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any one makes a helmet lock system for the Brutale? Or any ideas on how to make one?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't put one on the frame. Maybe something that comes out from under the seat. I have seen them just don't remember where???

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I won't put one on the frame. Maybe something that comes out from under the seat. I have seen them just don't remember where???

my ol' trusty honda deauville.... and my Honda spacy scooter.... and probably many other Hondas have a little hook under the seat. So you can attach it there.

MV? well, I just leave the helmet on the bike (yeah yeah, i hear it's bad for the helmet....), but of course, this is Japan.... Wouldn't do that in any other country.....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to pay a visit to my local Honda dealer and see what I can put together... Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
Take a look at the Aerostich Rider Warehouse catalog....many nice retractable cable locks.

·
Administrator
20,383 Posts
I have a trigger lock cable (for handguns). It is very compact and stores under the pillion seat. I loop it through the face opening of my helmet, hang the helmet by the chin guard on the passenger peg, and lock the cable around the peg mount. Simple and affective theft deterrent. Available at any gun store.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a trigger lock cable (for handguns). It is very compact and stores under the pillion seat. I loop it through the face opening of my helmet, hang the helmet by the chin guard on the passenger peg, and lock the cable around the peg mount. Simple and affective theft deterrent. Available at any gun store.
Excellent fab. Hang helmet from left side and can close the shield. I bought one through Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Most jap bikes have these on the pillion seat or sear cowl I personally don't leave my lid on the bike so not bothered the Mv doesn't have one nothing worse then returning to ur bike and either ur lid has gone or some pissed up twat has poured his pint into it lol or worse saying that I don't leave my bike were I can't see it lol so don't matter lol

·
Super Moderator
22,636 Posts
I "lost" an Arai Ducati Drudi helmet at the inaugural Indy Moto GP...and I was in Ducati Island. Cable locks are there to keep honest people honest.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My Arai helmets (some Ducati Limited Editions) cost close to $900+ USD. I take them with me if I'm not going to be standing around my bike. If an event or activity will hinder me by carrying a helmet around...I take my car. :smoking:
They always make nice ornaments at any cafe or restaurant table!
helmets by 1REALM5, on Flickr

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just put a ziptie around the subframe rail underneath the passenger seat and attached a small carabiner to it. The helmet's D-Ring attaches easily to carabiner and the passenger seat closes over the strap. Works great and is plenty sturdy to carry an extra helmet for a lady friend.

I'm still not quite sure if MV just forgot to include helmet hooks under the seat or if that was a conscious, albeit utterly inexplicable, design decision on their part. Either way... $5 and 10 minutes and it's fixed.

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
a simple sheet metal folded hook bolted to the right side of the seat side of the latch is the simplest solution......

your helmet sits facing rearward on the passenger seat.......

you have to play with the length of the hook depending on the helmet/size......I got lucky, 1st try centered the helmet perfectly on the seat

:drummer:

here in SoCal you don't fuck with someone's bike......street justice happens.......Harley riders never lock their helmets or jackets

tell you anything?.....thieves don't know who is watching.....\

it might be Santos de Santos aka Sonny, the crazy
Portuguese/Hawaiian....one look at his hands tells you, you don't want him mad at you.....

Sonny is my friend, I've seen him go up to someone the police were arresting ......the cops just stepped aside....

"you were fucking with my friend's bike.....not good cock sucker"

cops let him pound the guy, because the courts won't do anything

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts