1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a company. I can't find anything

Looking for something similar to this

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
I carry a couple of pistol trigger lock cables under the seat. Wrap one through the helmet chin bar and the passenger peg bracket, hang the helmet on the passenger peg.....works a charm, cheap (the cables were a give away from law enforcement agency a few years back), unobtrusive, secure.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I carry a couple of pistol trigger lock cables under the seat. Wrap one through the helmet chin bar and the passenger peg bracket, hang the helmet on the passenger peg.....works a charm, cheap (the cables were a give away from law enforcement agency a few years back), unobtrusive, secure.
I may struggle with that approach here in old Blighty but good idea for your neck of the woods

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This one won't work?
It says 1090 so I'm guessing it's a different fitment unless someone on here knows different?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one and only time I locked my Arai to my bike at Brands Hatch BSB final round last year somebody stole it:cry::cry::cry:
The lid or whole bike?!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I do something similar except I put the helmet on the seat, it helps deter test sitting.

Something like this:

There is actually a camping brand that makes something slightly smaller and metal but its a bit more and hard to find (REI in the US).

Plastic coated cables so no worry about paint, although I am careful. I place the body under the seat, just move the code one tick if I am really concerned, and lock the seat back down. Typically I dont as the cable latches and only unlatches if a button is pressed.

End result. Cheap option and i don't have something bolted to the bike.

As for the "what about rain?" I can close up the helmet and then its keeping the seat a bit drier. :)

Edit: Just googled, search for "ski locks." That is what these were originally designed for.

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
They do keep the honest people honest.

·
Registered
14,222 Posts
simple helmet lock....

I use a bent sheet metal hook bolted to the right seat latch bolt........

The helmet sits on the passenger seat facing to the rear

Cost? The time to cut the metal and drill a hole
Mounting? Remove and install 1 bolt

:drummer:

·
Administrator
18,862 Posts
I use a bent sheet metal hook bolted to the right seat latch bolt........

The helmet sits on the passenger seat facing to the rear

Cost? The time to cut the metal and drill a hole
Mounting? Remove and install 1 bolt

:drummer:
you did a nice "How To" thread on that a while back on your Brutale....
But what about F4s and now F-B3s ?

·
Registered
14,222 Posts
helmet hook?

Ed;
I tinkered with it F4 seat, is too wide for the strap.....

maybe one of the T shaped multiple helmet holders? or a loop of coated cable?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
212 Posts
There is another type of helmet lock that would suit the Brutale IMO. This is my dads video with the helmet on the lock. When we are out and about together and stop of for drinks ect, we lock out helmets either together on one side or one on each. Saves having to carry helmets about. We have used this method for years.
There are similar lock types which are shorter than the ones in the video.
The locks come with a water proof bag to put your helmet in if you need to use one.
So you get the idea. ( no doubt this post will be moved because its not an mv picture, but here it is) Brando
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=67lCOB21WlE

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts