MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been navigating a lot of Helmet stores on the net, including of course the MVAgusta.com but I have not been able to find a "perfect match" helmet for the Senna 1000.
I've seen though several helmets made for different MV versions but none for Senna.
Does any one have any ideas? :idea:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I am having a plain black RX7 painted along the MV Corse "Gladio" lines to match my 1000R, I would have thought it would also match the Senna?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Hmm I like the carbon fibre look, but the weight is about the same as any other helmet. I have a Suomy Spec R1 in small and its only 1250g in weight.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
agusta01 said:
Interesting, you think MV Core would stay with tradition, but the yellow is a bit wild!
Er no, That helmet design was the late Ayrton Senna's design, he's the bloke the Senna bike was named after..............................

Attachments

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Er no, That helmet design was the late Ayrton Senna's design, he's the bloke the Senna bike was named after..............................
Mmmm...I am sort of aware of that, my point is will MV Corse release a 'Senna' helmet in Ayrton's racing colours or rather in the Senna's colours...thats what the thread is about

·
Registered
279 Posts
JC Exec said:
I have been navigating a lot of Helmet stores on the net, including of course the MVAgusta.com but I have not been able to find a "perfect match" helmet for the Senna 1000.
I've seen though several helmets made for different MV versions but none for Senna.
Does any one have any ideas? :idea:
JC -- I am looking myself...closest i have been able to come up with (color wise) is the Arai Carr Freedom (red).
http://www.helmetcity.com/page/HC/PROD/araiprofilegraphics/araiprofilecarrfreedomred

Please let me know if you find any others. I know one of us, I forget who, has the arai Edwards 8 Star.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys:

Thank you for your answers.
I really like the Carbon fibre HJC and the arai is frankly espectacular.
I have heard that in terms of safety/quality Arai might be a better choice is that true?
Anyways, today I bought a new pair of MV gloves in black. Actually I traded my new red/gray to black.
Thanks and keep giving ideas on helmets.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The HJC is both Snell and DOT Approved. I also have Shoei Helmets,- a brand I successfully Crash Tested many years ago! I always was a Shoei guy, but after I tried on the HJC at ProItalia, it's pretty much all I use now.

I also think the black, silver and carbon compliments the Senna without looking like like Liberace!

Not that it was an issue, but the price was really good also.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Velocemoto said:
I'm looking at getting my own design painted.... :naughty:
Nice............but with those side designs you may start knocking your riding mates off :naughty:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts