MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Yeah, I never ride without a jacket and pants, otherwise why wear a helmet, 'cause if I ever went down without gear, I wouldn't want to live through it.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't you know? Those are Sidi flip-flops...upon contact, a shell comes around the ankle and toes, and provides protection....

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I've ridden bikes with just T shirt and jeans and flip flops. but only about a mile from my hotel to the beach and ONLY at very low speeds. I agree with Ben and John (Fazer6) and Alvin. If you are scratching around on any bike, let alone a high performance machine like a F4, top grade helmet and leathers are far cheaper than skin grafts and long term visits to your local hospital's ICU. :eek:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Umm don't mean to rain on the parade but the pictures been doctored (not by OICDN since I've also seen it elsewhere). Easy way to tell is look at the bar position compared to the angle of the front wheel. On larger versions its more obvious as you can make out the line of the forks immediately below the triple clamp.

Saying that, the point of the post remains the same. All The Gear All The Time.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Troz said:
Umm don't mean to rain on the parade but the pictures been doctored (not by OICDN since I've also seen it elsewhere). Easy way to tell is look at the bar position compared to the angle of the front wheel. On larger versions its more obvious as you can make out the line of the forks immediately below the triple clamp.

Saying that, the point of the post remains the same. All The Gear All The Time.
hmm, hard to tell, I will take your word for it.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
john said:
I've ridden bikes with just T shirt and jeans and flip flops. but only about a mile from my hotel to the beach and ONLY at very low speeds. I agree with Ben and John (Fazer6) and Alvin. If you are scratching around on any bike, let alone a high performance machine like a F4, top grade helmet and leathers are far cheaper than skin grafts and long term visits to your local hospital's ICU. :eek:
man, i've tried around my house back in London in teva type sandals...damn, it hurt to shift!!! would really hurt in flip flops!

i putz around tokyo on a scooter without too much, i know that is bad. just gloves and helmet (open face....hmmmmm).

on any of the 'real' bikes, i do the helmet and jacket. trousers vary.... sometimes it is just draggin' jeans. kevlar protection for abrasion, just not impact protection.

two up, i ride like a weenie. don't think i'll change that no matter what i wear.....

-colin

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
hmmmm....looks genuine to me.....the photo on the link is the same (go to thumbnails to find it) althought that does not mean anything, seems like a pro photo bug would not doctor photos he sells....

look at her right foot where it has come of the peg and is turned slightly as if she was instinctively putting it out to brace....

I dont know how to spell fotoshop so its just an observation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts