MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I bought a 2015 Brutale 800 RR in July, and had been lurking on the forums since long before then, figured it was about time to join!

Historically I've ridden sports bikes (Zx6r, Zx10r, 848, Daytona 675R) alongside a bike to commute on (couple of Fazers, Aprilia Pegaso). Always been into trackdays (mostly UK, but also Cartagena, Vallelunga and Mugello) and done pretty big euro tours on the sports bikes.

Kids coming along meant I couldn't justify a 'fun' bike AND a commuter bike, couldn't really afford so many track days (and my track day buddy moved abroad...) so swapped to a KTM 990 SMT, the idea being that bike could do both. I didn't gel with it at all, and it was unbelievably unreliable. So when my job changed and I no longer needed to commute by bike, I changed to the Brutale.

Thats my biking background!

I live in Surrey, UK, and LOVE my MV. I'd been after something fun, quick, leftfield, exotic, pretty, and fancied a naked over a sports bike as I rarely track any more. This ticks all those boxes!

Mostly standard at the moment, I've got a Corse seat on its way, along with a few bits of carbon I'll pick up next time I'm in the states.

Been lurking for ages, seems a great forum, looking forward to getting involved!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Hi Volant, and welcome.

I'm another who had a hiatus from bikes due to marriage and family.

I came back with a vengeance though, full of desire to make up for lost time.

Yes, agree, a great forum, and help is always readily available. Bring on our Spring/Summer!!:smile2:

·
Administrator
20,534 Posts
Welcome to the family @Volant !!!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
welcome to the family

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Luckily it wasn’t a hiatus as such, but the kids (and the bigger house/mortgage as a result) meant a ‘change in usage’

The Brutale is so good at what I use it for. Slight weep of coolant from somewhere near the radiator cap I need to get to the bottom of. Fairly sure it’s not the bike settling down at a lower coolant level as I’ve had that through the overflow too!

Other plans for the bike - maybe some subtle mods, such as a nicer brake reservoir cover, and deffo a radiator guard. But these bikes don’t need much at all.

The matte twill carbon I have coming will replace the aluminium for a more uniform look.

On radiator guards - for a 2015 800 RR I can only really find R&G, Evotech don’t seem to do one.

Here’s a gratuitous pic from when I bought it. I’ve cleaned it up quite a bit since, and will update when I’ve done a few bits.

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Northern Italian is best... enjoy! Welcome here, fantastic bike...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Northern Italian is best... enjoy! Welcome here, fantastic bike...
Thank you lucydad. I lived in Italy for a year or two, and it’s all pretty good!

Off topic, but I can’t post on the main site just yet. You look to have techspec tank grips on your dragster. Where did you find those?

The reason I ask is my Brutale has writing on the tank in the same place as yours, and yet the only techspec tank grips I can find are the ones I’ve attached a photo of below, which are quite big and wouldn’t look right...

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
Volant,

Tech-spec made the grips custom for myself and another Brutal 800 owner last year. I bet they still have the template: contact them, tell them your exact model year and model, and I bet they will make you a set. Grips make a difference especially hard deceleration

Bella Italia!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lucydad, you absolute legend, thank you.

I’ll get in touch and see what they say!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts