MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello.

I am a long time rider (24 years on the street) and currently ride a GSXR 1000, a Volusia 800, and a few others. I also race an SV650 at NHIS. I am in the process of researching MV Agusta F-4s in preparation for a possible purchase. What better way to gather facts about the bike than from people that own and ride them.

Thank you in advance for all of your help :)

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Welcome to mvagusta.net! Keep us updated on your researching. We have a great crowd here, and will answer any questions that come up!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome to the ride !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, here is my first question.

Has anyone owned or ridden GSXR 1000 extensively that now owns an F4 1000? I would love to here a comparison and opinions.

Actually, I have ridden most modern day bikes (Not the MV obviously) so any comparison would help. Someone else I know compared the seating of an MV to a Honda CBR or Ducati 999 and the power curve to the Yamaha R1.

Thank you

·
Registered
774 Posts
All your questions are of high interest.

But don't forget , buying an MV is passion, not reason !!

So if you like it, don't hesitate, you won't be dissapointed, my friend !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Olive said:
All your questions are of high interest.

But don't forget , buying an MV is passion, not reason !!

So if you like it, don't hesitate, you won't be dissapointed, my friend !
I am definitely passionate about the MVs looks and everything I have read, It is absolutely the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen. I am just trying to get an idea of what they are like to ride, how they handle, how they are to work on.

I actually think most bikes are beautiful in their own way. Each one brings something unique to the table. I love the way the Ducati 999 handles but I am not fond of the looks. I like the way the Yamaha R1 looks but I am not fond of how it handles. I could go on but you get the idea.

IMO, the passion is about more than form it is also about function. I am interested in the whole package. :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to our forum Taz, I agree with the comments others have made regarding the fact that it is really unneccesary to make judgements over this or that difference when the MV is being compared with a Japanese 1000cc machine, but I recently sold my '05 R1 and have at some point ridden all the 4 major Japanese offerings, so happy to make a few comments.

Our latest print of Aus magazine 'Australian Motor Cycle' has done a comparo with all 5 bikes, which includes the '06 ZX 10R, these guys are all real bike riders and can be believed, so here is a few points they made......

Top gear roll on (which ended at 230Km/h) the MV outgunned even the ZX, which by the way makes the most HP at 127kW (The MV is measured at 118kW)

As for handling, here are some qoutes from said article..

'Pick any road except the roughest and the MV will leave the Japanese bikes for dead. Its confidence, its superb balance and super quick cornering are absolute blissand devastating against all challengers'

'You havent experienced the purity possible in sportsbikes until youve pealed into a long, fast sweeper on the MV, felt it find the line and leant effortlessly into it before tracking perfectly all the way to the exit'

Tamburini is a genius, the MV is the oldest bike in this group, and with few significant changes in its life, yest without doubt, it is the king of roadgoing superbikes.

The MV feels exotic, expensive and passionate. These traits ensure its exclusivity...go get one!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for the welcome and the great quotes. You never compared your R1 though. :D
I am already convinced I want one, now I am just looking at the details.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Taz said:
Thank you for the welcome and the great quotes. You never compared your R1 though. :D
I am already convinced I want one, now I am just looking at the details.
There have been many comparisons in the bike mags over the past 18 months - you must have read them, surely........

If a couple of kms difference etc in top speed or some other minor detail is crucial, you have my sympathy..... if you end up owning an MV you will know why.

Just buy one........ and if you want a really fast one buy an AGO or Tamburini ..... :stickpoke

:drummer: :drummer:
Doc

:) :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
agusta01 said:
Welcome to our forum Taz, I agree with the comments others have made regarding the fact that it is really unneccesary to make judgements over this or that difference when the MV is being compared with a Japanese 1000cc machine, but I recently sold my '05 R1 and have at some point ridden all the 4 major Japanese offerings, so happy to make a few comments.

Our latest print of Aus magazine 'Australian Motor Cycle' has done a comparo with all 5 bikes, which includes the '06 ZX 10R, these guys are all real bike riders and can be believed, so here is a few points they made......

Top gear roll on (which ended at 230Km/h) the MV outgunned even the ZX, which by the way makes the most HP at 127kW (The MV is measured at 118kW)

As for handling, here are some qoutes from said article..

'Pick any road except the roughest and the MV will leave the Japanese bikes for dead. Its confidence, its superb balance and super quick cornering are absolute blissand devastating against all challengers'

'You havent experienced the purity possible in sportsbikes until youve pealed into a long, fast sweeper on the MV, felt it find the line and leant effortlessly into it before tracking perfectly all the way to the exit'

Tamburini is a genius, the MV is the oldest bike in this group, and with few significant changes in its life, yest without doubt, it is the king of roadgoing superbikes.

The MV feels exotic, expensive and passionate. These traits ensure its exclusivity...go get one!!!
This was an awsome read man!!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Taz. I can answer one of your questions; re the Gixxer thou v the MV. A friend has an '06 Gixxer, purchased about the same time as I got my latest MV. We have swapped bikes several times now and (OK I'm probably biased) but the Gixxer has no soul. It's certainly quick and handles well, although I believe the MV is better on the twisties, I've said this before on the forum about Japanese stuff, it just lacks a certain personality, soul, call it what you will, but they leave me cold and I look forward to getting back on my bike after swapping for a few miles.

My friend laughs when we discuss the two machines and points to his wallet which obviously didn't take the pasting mine did when we bought our respective bikes. Olive is right, you buy a MV with your heart, not your head, if you really want one you will buy it irrespective of what others say or think. :smoking: Other stuff may have a few more HP, be a few kilos lighter and cost less, but when you park up, the crowd will be round your bike not theirs. :)

A warm welcome to MVagusta.net BTW.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DoctorMV said:
There have been many comparisons in the bike mags over the past 18 months - you must have read them, surely........
Every one I can get my Hands on but nothing is a substitute for feedback from real people.

DoctorMV said:
Just buy one........ and if you want a really fast one buy an AGO or Tamburini ..... :stickpoke

:drummer: :drummer:
Doc
:) :)
I can justify the cost of an MV F4 to my wife (she wanted to buy me a Harley :errr: ) But I definitely could not justify the cost of a Tambo or AGO :bawling:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I own the 750, also a '99 R1 and a 916SPS. I have had a string of Jap 4's and a couple of twins. I cannot comment on the F41000 (just yet). I owned a gixxer thou K3 and the speed, acceleration and handling was ace, yet as John has said it had no soul. It was a plastic rocket but was so homogenised and common that it did not feel special. I think motorcyling is more than huge bhp and top speeds; it is about freedom, individuality, beauty, noise, smells, passion etc

The 916 and MV feel special. The F4's handling is awesome feels like an Aprilia 250cc rather than a 750/4, it is so flickable and is so easy to get right over. I love it. I have a set of Blue Flame cans on mine and the sound is absolutely sceaming, when I turn up at bike cafe they could hear me from half a mile away and they are waiting for something special. The F4 750 is lacking in power in comparison to my R1 and the old gixxer but it is more fun, more addictive and such a pose to ride. The Mv was and is my all time dream bike, I have owned it for two months and still peek at it everytime I get a car out of my garage!! Pure lust.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Flanners said:
I own the 750, also a '99 R1 and a 916SPS. I have had a string of Jap 4's and a couple of twins. I cannot comment on the F41000 (just yet). I owned a gixxer thou K3 and the speed, acceleration and handling was ace, yet as John has said it had no soul. It was a plastic rocket but was so homogenised and common that it did not feel special. I think motorcyling is more than huge bhp and top speeds; it is about freedom, individuality, beauty, noise, smells, passion etc

The 916 and MV feel special. The F4's handling is awesome feels like an Aprilia 250cc rather than a 750/4, it is so flickable and is so easy to get right over. I love it. I have a set of Blue Flame cans on mine and the sound is absolutely sceaming, when I turn up at bike cafe they could hear me from half a mile away and they are waiting for something special. The F4 750 is lacking in power in comparison to my R1 and the old gixxer but it is more fun, more addictive and such a pose to ride. The Mv was and is my all time dream bike, I have owned it for two months and still peek at it everytime I get a car out of my garage!! Pure lust.
Thank you....just what I was looking for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts