MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there !
I'm a new member and I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself.
Well, I'm Matthias, from Paris, France, 36 years old and driving an incredible MV agusta Brutale 1078RR (the last real Brutale as they say)
The bike in front on the Eiffel tower on my pic is my previous bike, an aprilia Tuono V4. I'll change the pic as soon as I'll have to time to take the same photo with my brutale. It's been a while that I have my brutale but I just coudn't find the time to go to the same place and take those pictures.
Anyway, it's great to find an international website about our beloved MV's.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hello and welcome. You will find this forum is a great resource. Great group of folks here. Surprised you got rid of the TV4. Love mine. Of course when it comes to beauty, it's hard to beat an MV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello and welcome. You will find this forum is a great resource. Great group of folks here. Surprised you got rid of the TV4. Love mine. Of course when it comes to beauty, it's hard to beat an MV.

Well, to be honest, I kinda regret my tuono because to me it was easier to ride than the MV. But you are so true about the beauty ! I just love my brutale. I think i'll never be tired of looking at this bike !
But one day I'll get another tuono V4, that's for sure !

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome.....enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, to be honest, I kinda regret my tuono because to me it was easier to ride than the MV. But you are so true about the beauty ! I just love my brutale. I think i'll never be tired of looking at this bike !
But one day I'll get another tuono V4, that's for sure !
I'm curious - why do you feel that the Brutale is harder to ride than the the Tuono?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm curious - why do you feel that the Brutale is harder to ride than the the Tuono?
Well, because the mv is so brutal (I guess that's the reason they named it that way). I just changed my suspensions settings and I hope it will help. But so far, it was easier for me to be fast on the tuono. We'll see how i feel during the next tests.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well, because the mv is so brutal (I guess that's the reason they named it that way). I just changed my suspensions settings and I hope it will help. But so far, it was easier for me to be fast on the tuono. We'll see how i feel during the next tests.
Interesting. My '13 1090RR is easy to ride - both slow and fast. Without any adjustments the suspension is firm but supple - and I am light at 138 lbs. I keep hearing about how the 1078 is the "last of the real Brutales" - I thought that was possibly a reference to a higher build quality - not sure - but maybe that is a reference to the character of the bike in terms of ride-ability and usability. Mine sure seems plenty fast - and even better - easy to ride fast - which seems to be the whole point of this kind of bike. So, does this mean that the 1078 is a more pure version of the Brutale ethos but that also makes the performance less accessible?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's what I heard too. The new 1090RR is way easier than the 1078 obviously. But that's what makes the 1078 so exciting ! I juts hope that it wont take me too long to be efficient on that bike.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts