MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here we go

Since a couple of years I have contemplated about buying a performance bike, off on off on. I have been owning a Kawasaki Zephir 750 since 1996 and god bless her she’s been a good bike all the way even though sometimes I might not have treated her well..She is ok now and gets all the love she needs but I felt something was missing. So all this time I had been thinking something faster, R1s mainly. Ducatis were always a nice but exotic distraction. And now this year when I started seriously getting into purchasing one whilst reading tons of magazines in a short time, trying to find out about what the best performance bike to have is, it happened:

All articles I read were about the best bike in 07. Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki and Suzuki, some tests about the odd Ducati or Triumph. Strange enough every magazine featured also at least one article about MV F4s. Whether it was R312 or other models. And whilst most reviews weren’t very positive I was immediately hooked. What a sexy and timeless bike. So bin all the Japanese models, I don’t care if they perform better or they don’t. One thing is clear MV F4 is the best looking of all and by far good enough for me. Since May 28th I am the proud owner of an MV F4 Evo 2. Thanks to Red Dog Motorcycles in Edenbridge and my courage to spend the money.

T
his will be a long relationship I figure unless I crash (not going to happen). At the moment I am the happiest man on the planet, just standing outside of my house and admiring the beauty. When I picked her up it was raining cats and dogs (of course) and I had to wait 1 week to give her a good clean (because of business trips and rain). Now she looks great and we have been on our first weekend tour. What a joy!

Great Spirit in these forums. Glad to be here. Nice to meet you all.

Talk soon

P.S. Next post will be about my nightmare to get her insured in UK with a German drivers license and “no claims bonus” in the UK. That was one of the biggest adventures ever

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Welcome and good choice!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Great 1st Post. Welcome :)

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
spenker said:
At the moment I am the happiest man on the planet, just standing outside of my house and admiring the beauty.
Yeah, the MV has a way of doing that to you. Congradulations and welcome. :f4:

·
Registered
673 Posts
There really is something special about these bikes.

Harley riders come over and admire.

People that have no idea about motorcycles come over and admire. They KNOW there is something different about the MV.

Sport riders come over to drool. They pass right by 1098's and 999's to crowd around the F4.

Older riders come over and say, "MV? Didn't they used to race? Agostini, wasn't it?". You can see in their eyes as they think back to when they used to ride in the 70s as their wives try desperately to pull them away before he gets any ideas.

All of this from a bike who's aesthetics haven't really changed in 8 years.

Simply amazing. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
spenker said:
P.S. Next post will be about my nightmare to get her insured in UK with a German drivers license and “no claims bonus” in the UK. That was one of the biggest adventures ever
Well...is it as much fun as having a German drivers license in the US? So hilarious...I have driven cars since 15 years at speeds a normal US probably never experience on his own but rather sees them at the race track....but of course....I can't drive a car according to them. No history, no discount...Germany? What is that? Can I eat that? And even if I could...we don't care...

If it would not that expensive, it would actually be kind of funny... :banghead:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pics are uploaded so is registry, guess need clearance :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts