MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new member from NZ.

The 2016 F3 800 was my intro to MV magic. It ticked all the boxes, looked sexy af and gave me chills everytime i turned it on and felt that tripple buzz beneath me. The QD exhaust had a growl that turned into a roar and was just too addictive. Unfortuately I got too confident with it's agileness and wrote it off sliding into a barrier... I thought I was going to motorcycle hell for comitting such a crime.

My logic was to get something that I respected a bit more and won't ever be able to push to it's limits... so I fullfilled my dreams while young and single and purchased myself the one and only F4. I've owned it for a year now and am still in awe every time I see it. Feels like I'm in a badass Matrix scene whenever I ride it. The Bodis pipes make it sound like a screaming F1 when it opens up. This is the 2018 model and at the time the sales guy was telling me it was in the last production run for this bike as the F4 is being discontined till the next gen is released. Think this is true? Has anyone seen new F4's being produced after Jan 2018?

I'm finally joining as a member as Red Baron (the local MV dealership) has closed down and I'm not too sure what to expect from the new guys, so it might be best to talk to the community more.

Keen to get in touch with any other North Auckland MV owners or join any NZ MV Clubs

The past and present beasts below:

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wellcome there Jafa, Taranaki boy here, There is a great group of guys from your neck of the woods, I'm sure they will hit you up on here, theres also the IMOC (Italian Motorcycle Owners Club) both great groups to ride spiritedly with.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome cobber

Great fun and advice to be had on this forum. As I understasnd it the F4 does not meet Euro 4, so MV are not producing it in big numbers, but they can still be ordered for places like the US, NZ & Aus. One apparently has to be patient though, this is not a big factory. The new 4 cyl motor will obviously meet whatever Euro standard is required at the time.

In the interim, what a gorgeous and fast bike you have.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Welcome aboard, if you need workshop manuals, they can be found on Donsy’s website. Search and you will find a wealth of information on the forum.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hello & Welcome.....getting older is all about learning from your previous mistakes and hopefully we do not make them again.......if only!!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts

·
Administrator
19,556 Posts
Welcome to the family !!!

As I understand it, there is a final very limited production run of the current variation of the F4 being made. Very limited, very expensive.

And then we will wait for an all new model. Supposedly the engine configuration will be introduced in the Brutale range for 2020. We shall wait and see.

Your man Simon (a Kiwi) should have the particulars, as he is the brand ambassador for NZ/Australa/US and Canada

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome guys! And Cheers for the link crusier.

Good to know there's still a little bit more F4 production. It's a pretty iconic bike.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi and welcome from Whangarei,

I never thought that I'd like a bike in white but .... there have been several MV's on here recently and I have to say that they look amazing in white.

I've spoken with the service manager at Cyclespot - he was helpful but yet to have any work done on mine (Stradale). Hopefully looking at a check on Monday (recalls etc.).

C

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome bentayla!

We can still get a "standard" F4 brand new, they are very few in number and we have been trying to get as many as we can. If you are interested in one, please fill in the form here:

https://mvagustanz.co.nz/contact-us/

PS: I work for MV Agusta New Zealand :)

Simon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts