MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited by Moderator)
@Donsy has you covered :

Thank you so much - mega ? - That’s more than I require... ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congrats to the most beautiful stock bike ever built, IMO.

You should absolutely change the fuel hoses inside the tank.
Change fuel filter while you are at it as well.

Picture is showing my hose after 13 years.
A6543848-E195-4A76-BC94-55C66054B824.jpeg

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Congrats to the most beautiful stock bike ever built, IMO.

You should absolutely change the fuel hoses inside the tank.
Change fuel filter while you are at it as well.

Picture is showing my hose after 13 years. View attachment 476529 View attachment 476529
Thank you for your advice 👍 Bike is already put together again and runs beautifully- I will check this by next opportunity. Since the tank was stored without gas I hope my hoses look better 😬

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Beautiful specimen! Which windscreen is that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Beautiful specimen! Which windscreen is that?
Thank you - I thought the windscreen is standard?! Pre owner changed some things that I all put back to standard - but the windscreen looked standard to me...🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
In your last picture, the lip at the top of the windscreen seems higher and at a different angle than original. It could be the way the picture was taken, however.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Agree, Arthur. Most images I have seen show a continual contour without the raised lip. However, I wonder if it might have been an original option? Way out of my depth here, but one respected site shows this:

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Could possibly be a press or promo shot. The bar ends, mirror, and screen look different than the ones that I've seen here in the US, and in the parts catalog.

·
Administrator
19,129 Posts
Nigel, That is not a stock Tambo in that photo.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
We wouldn't let that happen to you. Btw here's an old pic of mine where you can see the shape of the windscreen a little better.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Many thanks for your nice comments. One thing I try to improve is the sidestand. The bike angle is quite aslant when I put the bike on the sidestand. Since the side stand also has contact with the lower fairing I think of a replacement with the longer Motocorse sidestand. An you experience with That?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
We wouldn't let that happen to you. Btw here's an old pic of mine where you can see the shape of the windscreen a little better.
Nice one - also like the carbon wheels, was also thinking of a titanium treated windscreen from Moto Corse but did not find one

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Many thanks for your nice comments. One thing I try to improve is the sidestand. The bike angle is quite aslant when I put the bike on the sidestand. Since the side stand also has contact with the lower fairing I think of a replacement with the longer Motocorse sidestand. An you experience with That?
Yes, go for it. The MotoCorse kickstand improves the angle greatly. Here are some pics that might help. Prior to installing the MotoCorse, I installed a 2012 kickstand on the Tamburini and it was too much. The bike was close to 90 degrees. On my 312RR the 2012 kickstand is perfect but the front/rear suspension setup and tire profile is different. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Nice one - also like the carbon wheels, was also thinking of a titanium treated windscreen from Moto Corse but did not find one
Check Magical Racing from Japan. They make a nice iridium screen.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts