MV Agusta Forum banner

Hello from new F4 Tamburini owner

6K views 49 replies 18 participants last post by  midostar 
#1 ·
Hello guys,

could not be more excited since next week my F4 Tamburini 221 gets delivered. Always was my dream bike and now will join my F4 750 Senna which I have and enjoy now for 9 years.

The Bike is in great condition with only 2.100 km on the clock - but it parked for the last 8 years in the sleeping room of the previous owner.

No it’s time to get the Tambo back to live. I think of the following things to check and change after this long rest - but maybe you have some further ideas?

Tyres, oil, coolant, brake and clutch fluids, battery, etc.?

Do you have a recommendation for a nice Li Ion battery for the Tamburini?

Thank you so much and best wishes from Germany

#3 ·
I have always liked the lithium batteries. You must check the fuel lines and if you replace them. Make sure it is with lines which can be submersed in fuel. Otherwise the outer rubber will come apart in your tank. Might also have to seal the tank if you have rust in it.

Congrats they are great bikes and one of the best looking MV's for the price.

#13 ·
Amazing motorcycle. My dream machine.

#7 ·
Wow...Welcome to the family !! Seems you joined a while back but this is your first time posting??

Great acquisition....wow, to own a Senna AND a Tambo.... I am envious.

Li batteries are nice if you are interested in saving weight, otherwise a Yuasa YTZ10 is fine and will last many years... if kept on a smart tender. Should you decide on the lightweight battery, make sure you also buy an appropriate charger/tender to go with it.

#8 ·
I would definitely service (clean and re-grease) the rear-hub and re-check that all the brake pistons have not collected small corrosion particles over the down-time. You shouldn't need to fully service them - I'd remove the disk-pads when doing the fluids, place a thin chock between the pistons and ensure they extend equally and smoothly. If they're a bit sticky, some very fine wet-dry sandpaper (>240) around the piston edge will smooth off the particles.

#19 ·
#25 ·
Congrats to the most beautiful stock bike ever built, IMO.

You should absolutely change the fuel hoses inside the tank.
Change fuel filter while you are at it as well.

Picture is showing my hose after 13 years. View attachment 476529 View attachment 476529
Thank you for your advice 👍 Bike is already put together again and runs beautifully- I will check this by next opportunity. Since the tank was stored without gas I hope my hoses look better 😬

#36 ·
Many thanks for your nice comments. One thing I try to improve is the sidestand. The bike angle is quite aslant when I put the bike on the sidestand. Since the side stand also has contact with the lower fairing I think of a replacement with the longer Motocorse sidestand. An you experience with That?

#39 ·
Yes, go for it. The MotoCorse kickstand improves the angle greatly. Here are some pics that might help. Prior to installing the MotoCorse, I installed a 2012 kickstand on the Tamburini and it was too much. The bike was close to 90 degrees. On my 312RR the 2012 kickstand is perfect but the front/rear suspension setup and tire profile is different. Hope this helps.

Attachments

#45 ·
I had to return my first one as the coating was uneven. The replacement was oerfect, but was accidentally broken while the bike was being trailered. The third one is still on the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.