MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

could not be more excited since next week my F4 Tamburini 221 gets delivered. Always was my dream bike and now will join my F4 750 Senna which I have and enjoy now for 9 years.

The Bike is in great condition with only 2.100 km on the clock - but it parked for the last 8 years in the sleeping room of the previous owner.

No it’s time to get the Tambo back to live. I think of the following things to check and change after this long rest - but maybe you have some further ideas?

Tyres, oil, coolant, brake and clutch fluids, battery, etc.?

Do you have a recommendation for a nice Li Ion battery for the Tamburini?

Thank you so much and best wishes from Germany

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Hi and welcome and congrats on securing one of the better MVs. Great company for your Senna!!

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
I have always liked the lithium batteries. You must check the fuel lines and if you replace them. Make sure it is with lines which can be submersed in fuel. Otherwise the outer rubber will come apart in your tank. Might also have to seal the tank if you have rust in it.

Congrats they are great bikes and one of the best looking MV's for the price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your kind answers. Yep - fuel lines will be checked - the current owner promised that all fuel was remove back then - ... I will see...

·
Administrator
18,832 Posts
Wow...Welcome to the family !! Seems you joined a while back but this is your first time posting??

Great acquisition....wow, to own a Senna AND a Tambo.... I am envious.

Li batteries are nice if you are interested in saving weight, otherwise a Yuasa YTZ10 is fine and will last many years... if kept on a smart tender. Should you decide on the lightweight battery, make sure you also buy an appropriate charger/tender to go with it.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I would definitely service (clean and re-grease) the rear-hub and re-check that all the brake pistons have not collected small corrosion particles over the down-time. You shouldn't need to fully service them - I'd remove the disk-pads when doing the fluids, place a thin chock between the pistons and ensure they extend equally and smoothly. If they're a bit sticky, some very fine wet-dry sandpaper (>240) around the piston edge will smooth off the particles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow...Welcome to the family !! Seems you joined a while back but this is your first time posting??

Great acquisition....wow, to own a Senna AND a Tambo.... I am envious.

Li batteries are nice if you are interested in saving weight, otherwise a Yuasa YTZ10 is fine and will last many years... if kept on a smart tender. Should you decide on the lightweight battery, make sure you also buy an appropriate charger/tender to go with it.
Yes - let’s say I was more in reading than writing... got my Senna back then when they were relatively cheap... ordered now a Shido LTZ 10s/YTZ 10s... Special Charger I already have 👍

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would definitely service (clean and re-grease) the rear-hub and re-check that all the brake pistons have not collected small corrosion particles over the down-time. You shouldn't need to fully service them - I'd remove the disk-pads when doing the fluids, place a thin chock between the pistons and ensure they extend equally and smoothly. If they're a bit sticky, some very fine wet-dry sandpaper (>240) around the piston edge will smooth off the particles.
That is a good advice - I will do that. Some specific grease that I should use for the rear hub? Thank you ✌

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congratulations on the Tambo :)

I am using my first Shido lithium on a Ducati 907ie. So far so good :) Huge weight saving on that, 5.3kg!

·
Administrator
18,832 Posts
That is a good advice - I will do that. Some specific grease that I should use for the rear hub? Thank you ✌
A good high pressure/high temperature grease....I use CV Joint grease on my bikes.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations on the Tambo :)

I am using my first Shido lithium on a Ducati 907ie. So far so good :) Huge weight saving on that, 5.3kg!
... an der so mich cheaper than all this Carbon fiber 😜

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hello Guys - so happy to mention that the beauty has arrived. Stunning bike - now we have to get to work to make her run again.

I was already looking for a workshop manual but struggle to find one - do you have an idea?

Thank you and regards Michael

·
Administrator
18,832 Posts
@Donsy has you covered :

1 - 20 of 22 Posts