MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 F3 800
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

As the the title says, I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I recently got myself a 2015 F3 800, the silver engine.

I'm so glad that this forum exists, it's been so helpful. Even posts unrelated to my bike have been very insightful. As a teenager I had a few scooters then in recent years owned the Kawasaki Vulcan S, which I then replaced with a Ninja 400 and now I'm in love with my F3.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of this bike, they might have to bury me with it.

I was hoping to get some advice, in the picture attached, it's showing a connector which would definitely be exposed to rain at some point. Is it kosher as is? I wana make sure I keep the bike maintained as perfectly as possible.

Also, are there any recommended LED headlight bulbs? I've been looking at AUXITO H4 LED Headlight Bulb and Daywalker H4 LED

PS. Sorry for the mouthy intro post.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey guys

As the the title says, I'm from Cape Town, South Africa. I recently got myself a 2015 F3 800, the silver engine.

I'm so glad that this forum exists, it's been so helpful. Even posts unrelated to my bike have been very insightful. As a teenager I had a few scooters then in recent years owned the Kawasaki Vulcan S, which I then replaced with a Ninja 400 and now I'm in love with my F3.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of this bike, they might have to bury me with it.

I was hoping to get some advice, in the picture attached, it's showing a connector which would definitely be exposed to rain at some point. Is it kosher as is? I wana make sure I keep the bike maintained as perfectly as possible.

Also, are there any recommended LED headlight bulbs? I've been looking at AUXITO H4 LED Headlight Bulb and Daywalker H4 LED

PS. Sorry for the mouthy intro post.

View attachment 494212
Hi there and welcome.

Don't know about your bike tbh but I did this to my 989r

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Welcome! Beautiful city. Was there a few years ago.

What is that connector for? Personally I'd use heat shrink tubing around it.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,992 Posts
Welcome to the family !!!
I believe that is the clutch switch connector. A simple open/close switch. Certainly wouldn't hurt to seal it, but it is not critical and water would not create enough of a short circuit to cause a failure. MV would have used a sealed connector if it was critical.

Reactions: garethnic

·
Registered
2015 F3 800
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, I assumed it was normal but just needed to double check. I'll probably end up sealing it just in case when I need to be out on a really crappy day.

This forum is the best!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts