MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all the members of this great forum.

Started already a thread on the maintenance related things and got many helpful messages, thanks for all of them who wanted to share their knowledge on them, greatly appreciated!

So to the point. I'm the proud new owner of a 2013 F4r. Hailing from Helsinki, Finland. This is my first litre bike and boy it makes my socks roll over when I turn the throttle. Love her already so much!

I work as an insurance agent and have actually good price for MV:s in my company, so if someone here also from Finland, let me know ;)

Looking forward to the summer and planning to take her to the track a few times over the season.

What do you think guys is she a track day weapon? Could she compete against the other bikes of this caliber? ;)

Happy to be here!

P.S. Here are also some pictures of her.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
Can be a great track bike, but suspension needs to be set-up for you and your riding. I love my old SPR 750 on the track.

But don't expect to win the track day against expert racers on other brands.... the race set-up and support for Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki/BMW etc etc is much greater and more experienced. Enjoy your ride and don't be upset if you get passed by a fast guy on a new Kawasaki.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can be a great track bike, but suspension needs to be set-up for you and your riding. I love my old SPR 750 on the track.

But don't expect to win the track day against expert racers on other brands.... the race set-up and support for Yamaha/Honda/Kawasaki/BMW etc etc is much greater and more experienced. Enjoy your ride and don't be upset if you get passed by a fast guy on a new Kawasaki.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
welcome, nice ride

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's a beautiful bike.

Yes, it would make a fine track bike. It would be a shame to drop it on the track.

If you never been on the track, you just might want to get a beater 400-600cc and put money into suspension. Get some track side training then ride the crap out of it on track. A crash here or there is called a learning curve. After a year or two you won't believe the effect on skill set. Really, its one of the best things you can do to ride fast but safe on the street.

A good dirt bike and track will also allow you to become comfortable with drifting the rear or front. Some of the best street riders I have came across rode dirt/motocross prior to transitioning to asphalt.

Oh and welcome sir.

Reactions: f4newb
1 - 10 of 10 Posts