MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am new to the forum, and I am thinking about an f4 1000 +1.
I currently have a 2004 aprilia rsvr mille, but it has been a total disappointment. When it runs it is awesome, but it’s been in the shop on and off for a total of six months of the one year I have had it. Aprilia has replaced the entire rear swing arm and pipes due to a dealership screw-up. (They didn’t seal the battery when I got the bike) This took 4 months to get worked out. Then the CPU went TU, so aprilia replaced it. (That took 2 months) Recently aprilia announced a rear swing arm recall, so mine will have to be replaced again, this will not happen anytime soon since aprilia is addressing the issue in Europe first then the US. And now the CPU is acting up again. At this point I think I am going to sell it and move on to another bike. I am considering the Duc 998 FE or the MV Agusta f4 1000 +1.
So If I get the MV, what can I expect? With the aprilia, the customer service from aprilia USA sux. The bike itself has a few design flaws, rear brake needs constant bleeding, the clutch is impossibly difficult to find neutral. And since I added a Devil exhaust, I really need to add a power commander. I could not afford the rsvr factory so I went with the base model and regretted it since. I have replaced about ½ the plastic with carbon fiber, and I wish I had most of the features of the factory.
So, what is the difference in the f4 models? What should I expect to pay for a used one? How much is the mamba kit add on? Are there any design flaws with the MV? Basically, is there anything you wish you had known before you got yours?
Any help would be great,
Jeff

·
Registered
56 Posts
You may get a slightly bias response around here

But i haven't found any problems with mine, it's done 26000km and runs great, (only a 750 though) i went through a couple of batteries early in the piece but that was due to my GPS/GSM alarm (if anyone wants one i can send one over~$700US) now i have a really good but cheap battery in the bike it wont stop. I did have a fuel connector snap on me some time back which was bad as the bike ran but fuel everywhere. The only problem i've found is the suplier in Aus is pretty useless, i waited 3 weeks after i'd ordered before he actually put the order to italy for a new connector. I do live in Perth on the west coast also so all my parts sail past me from italy to brisbane before getting sent back to me some weeks later. So if you have a good supplier you will be fine.

The other prob is mine is not the 1000, it's the most powerful 1000 in production, how can you go wrong.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Hello and your pretty close to making the best decision you have ever made!!

I have had most 1L Jap bikes and a host of european limited stuff, but came to my senses and now have a brand new (<500kms) F4 1000, and it is simply stunning. You cannot get a japanese bike to steer like this...period.
It makes me feel quite incompetent but at the same time so confident when I ride it, and it begs to be ridden hard, and will still laugh at my pathetic attempt to get even 25% of its potential.
At the icing on the cake, its the best looking bike ever built and will last and last and last! Just like any classic.

And as previously said its power is huge, and unlike jap stuff it builds its power in a linear manner, so you can use it....not just at the end of the powerband, its common to hear it makes power like a turbine, smooth and progressive and goddam fast!

Don't buy the 1+1 if you can help it, the style of the rear gets messed up and you don't want to share the ride with anyone!!

Buy it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I think the new year has an MV in for me. I love the aprilia but I am done with all the BS that came with it.
Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts