MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Today I was surfing the net and came across the Brutale 800 Italia and I fell for it good and proper! So I went out to the nearest dealer to take a look and that didn't help. I really really want one now so I'm saving all the pennies I can!

From sunny/rainy/cloudy/windy London. I've been riding for about 5 years. Pretty much all naked bikes (except for a ZX6 I had). Ducati Monster 620, S2R800, Street Triple and I currently ride a Streetfighter 1098 which I've had for about a year. Awesome bike but I just really want that Italia!

Just thought I'd say hi, anything I should know of about the B800?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It's just received a software and map update which makes the fuelling sweet, it was also recalled for a revised gear position sensor so make sure these have been done, oh and change the suspension settings because the factory ones are rubbish.

Other than that it's a great bike, although you might want to check out a Dragster before you part with your cash?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Don't take it for a testride if you can't afford it. Afterwards you will want it even more. :)
It's a pretty good bike, will fit nicely in your lineup. Even with the old mapping it's not that bad at all. You'll get used to it in a heartbeat, just like a big twin.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the fuelling on the SF was crap to begin with anyway so I'm sure I'll get used to it. I will have to sell the SF to clear the finance and then come up with the deposit some how lol

Italia colour scheme is a deal breaker so the dragster is out. Thanks for the heads up on the recalls

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also any of you in the US had any issues with fuel tank expansion yet? Plastic tank/ethanol

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
MV finance

Well the fuelling on the SF was crap to begin with anyway so I'm sure I'll get used to it. I will have to sell the SF to clear the finance and then come up with the deposit some how lol

Italia colour scheme is a deal breaker so the dragster is out. Thanks for the heads up on the recalls
As your UK based have a look at MV's finance options on new bikes, believe it's 10% down and options to spread the remains over a number of years at a fairly competitive APR. Just an idea.

Not heard of any ethanol plastic tank issues yet and certainly in the UK it is not an issue at 5%, maybe 10% which is looming may cause some issues, but stay ethanol free if you can. There are threads on here from Chris (Ackers) on this very issue.

Italia colour scheme looks good for sure, but an MV must be red and silver:)

jimboF4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not really one for repainting my bikes, especially if its new!! Haha

Yeah I will take a look at the finance options. I don't want it too much more than my current monthlies which is about £175

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I'm not really one for repainting my bikes, especially if its new!! Haha

Yeah I will take a look at the finance options. I don't want it too much more than my current monthlies which is about £175

The MV deal is 10% down, remains over 4 years, works out around £190 a month, so a little more than your current monthly.

You might be able to get something cheaper by shopping around.

Which dealer did you go to look, is it the new one in London Moto Veloce?

jimboF4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah moto veloce. Tiny place but looks really nice, nice guy too. They've only been open 2 weeks. A little more a month I don't mind

I don't think there are any other dealers near me

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Have heard the new dealer is pretty keen and hopefully they make it work.

Here is a link to the newly updated UK MV dealers list.

http://www.mvagusta.it/en/dealers/

Not a huge number and never will be, just too small a marque to have big numbers.

jimboF4

·
Registered
747 Posts
The nearest MV dealership is about an hours drive. A bit to far for my taste so i bought the bike at a local Suzuki and Aprilia dealer. For the bigger fixes and maintenance it's shipped to Star Twin in Loenen. Made a deal with him. Anything related to warranty is work for him, i'll pay on top of the fee from MV.

My local dealer is cheaper and we have a good relationship. That's the advantage i have. Three happy people.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Google maps reckons they are an hour and half away for me so will do a lap of the m25 to visit them when the weather warms up a little . I wish them every success.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts