MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fellow awesome people! Im Jeremy From Michigan. Have had my 2010 f4 for 2 summers now! My (fiancee at the time now wife) Bought it for me as a early wedding gift! I was stoked, The opportunity was there and she let me pick from the whole showroom. We walked in to check out the Diavel, she loved it because of the low seat she could actually ride it with her short stature.... then i seen it... The Titanium/silver f4.. Always wanted an MV Agusta and she said "If you always wanted one, then this is a no brainer" .. two months later she ordered a carbon fiber front fender, rear hugger and a Full RG4 exhaust! SHE ROCKS! Low sided the bike this year back in april, All i can say is lucky for insurance,,, it was a hefty bill! Took a month but got it back in prestine condition again.... have had all updates performed, got heat shielding warrantied to new style hardened shielding... And now like many i am just waiting for tank update.. which lucky for me has not swelled too bad ...

Unfortunately for what we paid for the RG4 even the wife is disappointed in the loudness of it (of coarse her 2008 busa has a full brock exhaust) .. I know the RG4 and "race ecu" is a combo thing and it was run on a dyno to adjust any flat spots. Our question is can we Run a BODIS slip on set up on the rg4 header, with that ecu? From what i kinda read the ecu pretty much leveled out the fuel/air for the cat removal and exhaust butterfly? so adding the slip on wouldnt be a issue would it? worst comes to worst i pay the $350 for a dyno again.. But we are already kinda over extending our "exhaust budget" seeings were already 3500 into the rg4 set up.... Then again we already know $$$=MV haha

speaking of $$$ i know im new and cant post on classifieds yet but when i can, i will post the stock exhaust (minus stock) :wink wink:

·
Vendor
5,407 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeremy,yes the Bodis slip-on will fit and keep using the race ECU,if your exhaust valve is not already dissconnected you will have to with the Bodis as I understand.Contact Alex at GP Racing (site sponsor) for more advice on Bodis.Of coarse a Dyno run will tell if all is OK.
PS. Don't let go of that wife of yours,she's awsome.:naughty:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Welcome Jeremy.....Mitchy has already covered your question, but I have a question for you - where did you find a girl like that???? Well done!

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Welcome to the family !!!!
Just a side note, my understanding is the Bodis is even louder than the RGs....may want a second opinion on that, though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I may have worded that wrong esq'z, her and I want it louder... we both hoped the rg4 would of been louder then it is. . I intended to email alex for bodis knowledge just thought I would use it towards my 1st post. I love the square tailpipes but obviously the square option is dead as far as making it louder... I know complaining of loudness makes me sound squidly haha I just want a more angry lamborgini sound rather then a Ferrari testerossa :D

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
I have the new Bodis slip on my 2012 and the mv coarse headers with the race Ecu. I can tell you now you will need a new map with the Bodis slip on. My bike was running way to rich. I went with a bazzazz fuel management and quick shifter. Got a great map done at Adams Performance (tuner that does ricky gadsons engine on the zx-14) and it pulls better than ever with the sound so awesome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
oh okay! that is exactly what i was hoping to hear DAG! Thank You! Even today on my ride home from work i road higher in the rpm's before shifting and this rg4 is just not cutting it... Dont get me wrong its still nice sound but isnt quite what i was looking for.. But it was what was available other then the moto corsa $7600 at the time... I figured a dyno was going to be a must as any lil mod requires a visit to the dyno table... I think they tweaked mine a little due to a couple flat spots but its sounding that "race ecu" isnt as "adjustable" as i would of thought. I believe someone stated it was actually just a reflashed ecu that comes with the rg4 full system...

I am probably going to need to replace the evo tech license plate holder too probably by the looks of it...

two years with this bike and it still gets me pumped! For years to always dream of owning one of the finest machines on two wheels and finally getting one .. never regretting it one minute is just a great thrill! Makes me feel like a million bucks ... Cruising thru town i feel like a kick ass theme song to a show/movie should be playing haha

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Welcome to the family !!!!
Just a side note, my understanding is the Bodis is even louder than the RGs....may want a second opinion on that, though.
Considerably louder.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome to the cult and thank you for acknowledging my awesomeness :yo:

·
Registered
14,562 Posts
Welcome Jeremy.....Mitchy has already covered your question, but I have a question for you - where did you find a girl like that???? Well done!
you get lucky.......or you have to take a whole bunch of test drives:naughty:

never got lucky.......but i'm still looking:naughty::naughty:

:drummer:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I found her at our what was Sportbike club.. It was a Photo challenge running around town with teams or 3 getting photos of everything on the list... She had the Hayabusa before i met her .. Actually this is the 3rd one she has haha.. she was placed on my team and we hit it off right away..

Its awesome she is into everything i am in, Sportbikes, Music, use to both be hardcore snowmobilers, Fishing , hunting! She Is awesome! Some how she put up with me and is understanding as far as everything i want, she always wants too haha.. :yo: She is definitely a "Go Big or Go Home" kinda girl. Hell she even rocks a Blacked out lifted 4 door jeep with 35"tires! I cant get enough excitement

But back to the Mv performance topic before this topic gets moved......

Is Bazazz going to be the better bet then Power Commander v for the moto corsa/rg4 arrow header with race ecu and bodis tail? I seen a vid online that they "piggybacked" a pcV which is confusing me cuz i thought the pcv's doesnt need piggybacked to run all 8 injectors.. When i ordered a Full Brock direct from Brock for her Hayabusa they shipped a single pcV with it programmed.. I am positive if they needed piggybacked for the "8 injector system" they would of recommended it...

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Just a side note....LOUD doesn't mean more power. Sometimes LOUD is not a good thing.
Obnoxiously LOUD is definitely not a good thing.
I've posted my position on the harm obnoxiously loud bikes do to our sport and the future laws and regulations we will all suffer thanks to the open pipe Harley nutcases...

Just let me repeat...LOUD does not mean more power or faster....

OK...rant over.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
<------- also a harley rider so guess that makes me a versatile nutcase... :) laws and regulations are going to change no matter what.. government see $$$$ so they push it.. .. hell michigan strong enforcement of seatbelts kinda contradicted itself after they remove helmet laws last year.... I still think no helmet is a brain dead move but whatever floats their boat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts