MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I bought a 2008 (US) 910R last month. The bike has been running great until today. I removed the tank to bleed the rear brakes, after re-installing the tank, the bike is revving irratically, sputtering, and surging like crazy. So I removed the tank 2 more times to check and test all the hoses fittings, everything seems ok, and the bike starts ok, but, it sputters like it is not getting enough fuel.

Anybody ran into this problem?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Welcome aboard. Are you sure you haven't pinched one of the hoses leading to the injector rail?

CAG

·
Administrator
20,056 Posts
Does sound like a plumbing issue. Lots of hoses in there to inadvertanly pinch, damage or disconnect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, I am pretty sure all the hoses are fine...I redid the install twice to double check.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Check that the hoses didn't get a bit of debris in them prior to reinstallation. Also, you could have a coincidental but not otherwise related. Another possibility is that one of the in-tank hoses has ruptured.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Did you put the gas lines in the right hole in the tank? One line is a feeder line the other is a return line.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was told off a mechanic that the throttle position sensor is easily knocked when doing such things. Might be worth a fiddle.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
dumbcomputers said:
Did you put the gas lines in the right hole in the tank? One line is a feeder line the other is a return line.
+1

White is feed, black is return.

CAG

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
CAG said:
+1

White is feed, black is return.

CAG
It won't make any difference, the fuel delivery pump AND fuel pressure control valve are both in the fuel tank, the injector rail is only a piece of tube really, it only matters when the fuel pressure regulator sits on the end of the injector rail like on most cars, the black and white connectors are to stop the fuel pipes getting squashed through wrong alignment :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for your suggestions.
cylinder #1 is kaput for some reason, so I took the bike back to Munroe's.
it could be simple as a coil or maybe major...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it ended up being the coil wire...not on the coil end, but on the ecu end. although the plastic clip looked clipped on the outside, the copper inside was not mating properly. dealer told me it must have been installed improperly at the factory.

·
Registered
233 Posts
dnb said:
it ended up being the coil wire...not on the coil end, but on the ecu end. although the plastic clip looked clipped on the outside, the copper inside was not mating properly. dealer told me it must have been installed improperly at the factory.
that's pretty sad really...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts