MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have been reading this site for a couple of weeks now and decided i am going to give up looking for a 05-06 suzuki 600 and try the mv f4 750 02-03. I have looked around on the internet and have found a couple i will have to travel to get but they are all single seats. I was wondering if anyone knew how much a 1+1 seat unit is and subframe? Is there anywhere to find these items except for ebay. I have not seen any on ebay in a while. Does anyone know how much they cost. I would check with an mv dealer myself, but i am off on business for another month and cannot. I have emailed several business for the information with no response.

On another subject i noticed there where a couple northern Va and MD riders on here. Where do you take your bike for service. I noticed the closest place would be Ferracci, but i have not heard good things about them. I have been riding for a couple of years now and would not call myself a great rider but good. Is this bike any harder to push around than a Duc 748. I have owned one of them and it was a good ride i just never mastered it before it got stolen. I then moved to an 01 GSXR1000 then sold that one because i felt it was a little to much bike for me. I never really felt like i was using even a quarter of the bikes potential. I am not big on speed just love to try the twisties. Well any information you can give me on the subjects would be great. Hopefully the mv's i am looking at will still be available in June when i get back to Maryland.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi Outkasted. Interesting points you raise. I had a 750 1+1 but only used the pillion a couple of times, my F4 thousand is a single seater cos my wife isn't interested in riding on the back of an out and out sports bike. (Haven't asked the cleaning Lady though? :humpother ) That aside, I don't think you will regret getting a F4 (single or twin seats) instead of a Gixxer 600.

Gixxer 600 = Good
F4 = Better

My advice if you really want a 1 + 1 is keep looking but any F4 is a good F4.

Welcome to the forum mate. Pics when you get your ideal bike please.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Welcome :)

I don't know the price of a biposto subframe and seat, but if you plan to buy it new it won't be cheap :later:

But i hope that doesn't stop you from getting the MV. :naughty:

I'm not sure what you mean to say about the 748, but i think that if you liked and felt good with the Duc you'll fell great with the MV :smoking:

Keep us posted on your MV adventure :guitarist

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome, always a tough decision...single or 1+1, but the classic and purist choice is the single, the rear cowl is just a jewel on its own.
Also resale value on the single seat is better, if thats an issue :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
john said:
my F4 thousand is a single seater cos my wife isn't interested in riding on the back of an out and out sports bike. (Haven't asked the cleaning Lady though? :humpother )

I thought the cleaning lady rides your pillion? :naughty:

Here is the solution:

http://www.viberider.com/

Here is their magazine ad slogan "get her on... and get her off!"...

Joking aside, F4's little pillion pad is a joke, especially with the 4 hot undertail pipes... get the single seater, IMO.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I got a 1+1 and after I'd had it a month I knew the idea of a pillion sitting up there was just plain silly (for them!)... so I took off the rear footpegs. I wish I'd got a mono... oooops, sorry, a single seater (is that a 2-1 ???? :eek: ). But it makes no difference to the MV grunt . :conveyer: :conveyer:

Doc

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i say you can't loose holding out for the 1+1 if that's what you want. why? because you can find a single seater rear cowl for sale and then you have both after a 10min swap. that's what i did...why dissapoint the ladies if you don't have to! :naughty:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
style_one said:
i say you can't loose holding out for the 1+1 if that's what you want. why? because you can find a single seater rear cowl for sale and then you have both after a 10min swap. that's what i did...why dissapoint the ladies if you don't have to! :naughty:
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts