MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just thought I would introduce myself :) My name is Tom and I live on the Gold Coast, Australia.

Just started to really get into MV Augustas, and at the end of the year I plan on purchasing the 2002 F4 Senna.

Anybody here ride this bike and can give me some info (good and bad) on it? Do you ride it regularly??

So far all the people I have spoken to havent really given me much feedback on it as it doesnt appear to be a bike that people ride alot?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Welcome! Great group here, but you people from down under are about to take over!! :later: :laughing:

I don't have a Senna, but I think if I had one I would be just as pleased looking at it in the living room as riding it. :grin: Best looking bikes on the planet.

I do plan on riding my 910R as much as possible......also one of the best looking bikes on the planet in my opinion. :)

I vote for riding the hell out of it!

John T

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree on both bikes there :)

If I was ever going to get a naked bike (one day I will) it would be a brutal or some kond of buell.

I plan on riding the hell out of this bike :p but was just wondering how other people go with them.. the dealership was like "Yeah most people buy them as collectors items..." they had one there with 1000km on it that had been on display for 12 months and was owned by the store owner, and it got me wondering, if its such a nice bike why doesnt he ride it?

Anyways, the dealership didnt really take me all that seriously because I am only 18... but meh.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Wlecome Jimsmowen :) ,

Ride the pant's off it, it can take it. I believe the reason many of them still have low kms on them is that as a special edition they were very expensive and exclusive and people didn't want to lose too much by clocking up the k's...but if it's your bike you do what the hell you want with it.

I'm sure you're aware of it but I'd hate to imagine what the insurance must be for someone 18.

How much are they asking for it?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Welcome on board !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Theres currently 3 for sale in Aus that I know of.

1. at the Gold Coast dealership, they want $42,000 (all prices are AUD) 1000km and $6000 worth of carbon fibre on it.

2. Somewhere in aus... I think its a 2001?? It has 0km never even been started. $30,000

3. Somewhere else in aus.... 2002, 14,000kms, few aftermarket bits I believe, he wants $27,500 he just dropped it from $32,000 and took out the bonus race glass with it.

I was quoted $3000 for my insurance on my CBR250RR..... and that was covered for $5000. I am expecting the worse with this haha. I will deal with it though.. I figure its most likely going to be that rediculous, that if I crash it I would have to snap it in 2 for the cost of my insurance to be worthwhile... but will see.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Collect them???????????????

Why???????????????????

Can't take them with you when you die...

Ride them like a good whore :hump: , and get your money's worth.

Tam 292 just crossed 2K miles today, and I'm all :) 's

Peter

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
There's also one available here at the local...it's the one in my album. They are asking AU$38,000 and has 5K on the clock but I think they would let it go for $32,000. It also has Agostini's sig on it.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Don't want to sound like an old fart, but if you are looking at a Senna have you checked out the insurance for such a bike at your age? :bawling:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
john said:
Hi mate, welcome to the forum. Don't want to sound like an old fart, but if you are looking at a Senna have you checked out the insurance for such a bike at your age? :bawling:
Yeah, as I said before, I am gonna get a quote on it, I am expecting about $10,000 for a year... full comp.

If thats the case I am just gonna insure for fire and theft, and even then I am guessing about $1000.

If I come off I come off, I have to bite the bullet and cough up the cash, I think it will be cheaper in the long run then paying for insurance though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rockethouse said:
There's also one available here at the local...it's the one in my album. They are asking AU$38,000 and has 5K on the clock but I think they would let it go for $32,000. It also has Agostini's sig on it.
Ah looks nice :)

You have any idea about how long its been sitting there? Not going to be purchasing it till like november, when I move up in pay and to my open licence. But from the sounds of it they sit around for a while and if that ones still there Id probably go for it :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Welcome to the forum, $10,000 pa for fully comp, thats a lot of cash...call Shannons once you get you bike!

And the dealer on the Gold Coast who owns that Senna, owns one of all the limited edition MV's in the current range!! I guess spoilt for choice :)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Jimsmowen said:
Ah looks nice :)

You have any idea about how long its been sitting there? Not going to be purchasing it till like november, when I move up in pay and to my open licence. But from the sounds of it they sit around for a while and if that ones still there Id probably go for it :)
They've had it since early January.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mv Insurance Costs

$10,000 per year comp???? That is a "F**k off, we don't want to insure people like you" quote. :eek:

I pay $1100 for my F4 750, and I complain about that.... Just out of interest, what do other Aussies on here pay for insurance?

If you can't afford comprehensive make sure you have thirdparty property - a friend of mine wrote of his BMW tank in the back of a mercedes and had no insurance. Stuffed his knee, lost his bike and got sued for the car damage... not very bright my friend.....

Also, NEVER claim for anything under $5,000 on an insurance policy if you have any recent traffic infringements, as it will increase your premium and destroy your rating - better to keep insurance for theft or total/substantial damage (and try for a high excess to reduce the premium)....

Doc :eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
I think I pay a bit over $1200.00 that is for the MV Agusta F4 with mods and my 650 SL Pantah. I am about to add my 916 to the same policy for about $400 more (with Shannons) Because those bikes are registered in my name and Bridget's 749 is in her name we can't bundle them all together, bit of a pisser as that would make it even cheaper.

F4 is a great track bike, great hills bike, but don't try to do any long distance on it. I rode mine from Brisbane to Melbourne via the Alpine Range to do a trackday, then to Tassie for a few days, back to Melbourne, GOR back to Phillip Island for the GP and then back to Brissie. I was in absolute agony and pain. Will more then likely sell it this year (am building up and 2nd one purely for track use) Surprisingly Bridget's 749 was pretty comfy and much easier. The only guy suffering more then me was a friend on a 888 Ducati. So for short burts it's wicked if you like in line 4's But for long distance sports riding ...naaahhhhh ... not on our pothole infested bumpy crappy roads. It was an experience though, the guys at shops here thought it was a crazy enterprise .. and it was :green:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yellow, you deserve the motorcycle equivalent of the Victoria Cross/Purple Heart for an effort like that!!!

I rode mine from Feeney's in Queensland to Canberra via Sydney (about 1500 km) and that was tough...

I have a Ducati ST3 for long rides... totally agree that if you have an MV you need something else for touring type rides ... and the Ducati ST's are sporty and fun...

Doc

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Awsome, thanks for the info guys, will definately be ringing shannons... I never even heard of them until now.

yellow900 said:
I think I pay a bit over $1200.00 that is for the MV Agusta F4 with mods and my 650 SL Pantah. I am about to add my 916 to the same policy for about $400 more (with Shannons) Because those bikes are registered in my name and Bridget's 749 is in her name we can't bundle them all together, bit of a pisser as that would make it even cheaper.

F4 is a great track bike, great hills bike, but don't try to do any long distance on it. I rode mine from Brisbane to Melbourne via the Alpine Range to do a trackday, then to Tassie for a few days, back to Melbourne, GOR back to Phillip Island for the GP and then back to Brissie. I was in absolute agony and pain. Will more then likely sell it this year (am building up and 2nd one purely for track use) Surprisingly Bridget's 749 was pretty comfy and much easier. The only guy suffering more then me was a friend on a 888 Ducati. So for short burts it's wicked if you like in line 4's But for long distance sports riding ...naaahhhhh ... not on our pothole infested bumpy crappy roads. It was an experience though, the guys at shops here thought it was a crazy enterprise .. and it was :green:
Haha nice read, I dunno, my current cbr250rr is pretty uncomfortable to ride but I just dont care eh... I ride for 2 hours straight and I feel relieved to get off but I dont feel sore at all... I plan on doing abig ride to tassie at the end of the year on the senna when I get it with a couple of mates. So it will be interesting to see :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts