MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! New Brutale 910s owner here! I've wanted a MV Agusta since like 1998 and cant believe I finally have one!

What are some good sites for aftermarket tid bits? Specifically carbon fiber... carbon fiber gets me excited ;).

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey, congrats. I thinking of picking one up to, but a bit hesitant with all the stuff of them being unreliable and breaking often. What made go for it, or was it the sheer fact you wanted one since 1998?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much the sheer fact I've wanted one for a very long time. A local Ducati deal got one on trade and I could pass it up. You dont see too many in Wisconsin, let alone in my back yard. I did a lot of research on them and they seem pretty bullet proof. Since mine is a 2006, I am assuming the SPC or whatever they call the ecu has been replaced. I sealed the headlight, that should be fixed. I noticed the bike does run a little hot, relative to my jap bikes in the past, so I am going to look into either changing the water pump or adding a second fan.

Aside from that, those are what I found to be the consistent issues with them

·
Registered
983 Posts
I've had my 910R since I bought it new in 2008. No particular problems. Be sure to clean and lubricate the rear hub each 12000km. It can create some dangerous situations if it disintegrate.

Otherwise, it is an easy bike to service. Manuals can be found on this forum.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hey, congrats. I thinking of picking one up to, but a bit hesitant with all the stuff of them being unreliable and breaking often. What made go for it, or was it the sheer fact you wanted one since 1998?

Can you tell what is not tenable with a B4 910. After following this forum since 2008 , I'm not familiar with many problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Can you tell what is not tenable with a B4 910. After following this forum since 2008 , I'm not familiar with many problems.

I suppose it was mainly the common issues everyone talks: spu (some said went thru multiple), stalling issues, overheating. By no means am I bashing MVs, just trying to hear experiences from people who own it, so it will make my decision easier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a rare, exotic, Italian motorcycle. I have accepted the fact it will more than likely not be as reliable as my Jap bikes in the past. However, MVs are special. I am will to accept this should issues arise (knock on wood). If you are not, than a MV may not be the right bike for you.

From what I have read, they tend to be very good bikes; hopefully mine will provide me many miles of issue free enjoyment!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hello there! New Brutale 910s owner here! I've wanted a MV Agusta since like 1998 and cant believe I finally have one!

What are some good sites for aftermarket tid bits? Specifically carbon fiber... carbon fiber gets me excited ;).
Well done and welcome to the family!

You will want to get yourself aquatinted with evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore, they are forum sponsors and provide great service.

:yo:

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

Welcome to the forum mate, great choice in bike.
Look in the Market place section for lots of options on aftermarket parts.
Download workshop manuals for you model from my site and have a read through the Tech Tips section for applicable fixes. Most likely things to look at is fuel lines and fuel fittings, the rear hub bearings and the SPU on your model. A nicely tuned Brutale does not overheat, and even standard feuling is not too bad for most competent riders.
Enjoy the bike :f4::brutale::f4

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Welcome Burton. I hope you enjoy your involvement here. One question: tell us the back story on your forum name Burtonsbs5114

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome mate. I've dallied with a Carbon Fibre fetish and have decked out my 1090. As an online retailer/supplier, EvolutionBike is hard to beat. If they don't have it listed, they'll generally be able to source it for you off other vendors and then bundle things together to save you on postage. Even better they're almost 2/3 the price that my local retailers would sell the same gear for.

Carbon Fibre wise, I've been sticking with that produced by MV Corse Special Parts and Tamburini Corse. The weaves match, the fitment is perfect and the quality is superb. You pay for it though. If you're OCD like me mismatching weaves may drive you nuts so keep that in mind with the supplier that you pick to ensure they have the full range of parts you want.

If you want a unique and utterly obnoxious sound check out Tamburini Corse's full exhaust systems. Mirror wise, I've found Rizoma awesome and I use Sato rearsets these days - they grip like crap on velcro. If you head down the Sato rearset path and end up with a modified exhaust, check my post on the complexities/parts you'll need.

Good luck and keep the sticky bits down.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have also have the 910s and was identical to yours, once you start modding you wont stop, just look at mine now!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Excellent, thanks for all the love and tips.

What temp does your bike usually run at? From the little I have ridden it so far, I would say mine is in the 180*f. My Kawi's would usually be in the 160-170 range.

There really is no big story behind my name. I have been using the handle ever since I created my first email address. It stands for Burton Snowboards and the numbers are random. I have just continued to use it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome to the Brutale club neighbor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts