MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy gang - new here but my profile is still "pending review"...which is my first question: is there like a serious backlog of registry submissions to review that makes that complicated process take over a week?

My 2nd more serious question relates to suspension theory. Setting aside the need to measure and adjust sag, does theory say that if you reduce ride height then sag should need some sort of off-setting adustment (assuming that sag was set correctly to begin with)? In other words, if sag is correct but seat height is lowered slightly then should sag on the front or back need to be adjusted according to theory? And if it's measured and within reasonable limits, then what other explanation is needed against the "theory" that says it should be adjusted. I'm just trying to expand my fundamental understandings from some of you gurus out there...ps: we're talking 07 f41000R. Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you lower or raise one end of the bike only, you will alter the front/rear weight distribution, and should therefore need to readjust the sag accordingly. If you raise or lower both ends the same amount, I can't see that changing things too much. Not within street tolerances, anyway.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
WHMike07 said:
In other words, if sag is correct but seat height is lowered slightly then should sag on the front or back need to be adjusted according to theory?
No.

Think about it. If sag is *correct* then you lower the seat height.... what would a subsequent change to the sag do? ;)

Sag isn't about ride height but it's easy to confuse the two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts