MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
What about the lower height comfort seat - does the claimed 2cm height reduction make it a worthwhile purchase? Seems less hassle than lowering, as I guess there could be centre stand and kick stand issues with a lowered bike.

·
Registered
448 Posts
What about the lower height comfort seat does the claimed 2cm height reduction make it a worthwhile purchase?
Waste of time. Higher soled boots, cheaper and better.

Seems less hassle than lowering, as I guess there could be centre stand and kick stand issues with a lowered bike.
Yes and more troubles.
Rode the lowered thing the dealer had for short arses, a dog.
I used to stand on the peg,on the side-stand,18 stones without the gear,
never gave me a glitch for 20 000 miles..

Scuffing the right pannier trying to do it cow-boy is dumb.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Many reviews and posts talk about how tall the motorcycle is, and how the "vertically challenged" might have a hard time with it. I am 5'10" and have a 32" inseam. I'm curious what similarly sized people's experience is with the height of the bike?
I'm 5'9"with a 31 inside leg. Last Spring took the MV from London to the Duoro Valley Portugal via The Picos etc. Spanish and Portuguese roads are always lined with gravels and pulling up started to become a nightmare. If I got one foot down , not certain it would not slide on the ground. Additionally it can get really windy and the high viaducts and bridges passing long trucks was worrisome. The bike is tall and with the panniers there is no way a cross wind will not upset the handling. 135kph sort of average. Got back and bought a set of dog bones to lower it by about 1.5 inch and an amazing diff. Feels really planted and can put foot flat on the floor. Unfortunately after this winter now in lockdown so little chance of exploiting the new set up. Huff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forgot to say. The centre stand in the original set up is way too difficult to operate. With fully loaded luggage the "moment" of the centre stand is too high. You actually have to lift the bike up first to set the centre stand. Obviously with it lowered it can't work so took it off.!! Ps thought of platform boots before but they went out with ABBA.. Ha ha....

·
Registered
624 Posts
I lowered my TVL just slightly and will it is not ideal, it allows me to be more stable at stops, and I can use the original side stand and center stand. So there is a happy medium, for me anyway. Try a different set of dog bones that lowers it only by .75" or so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I fitted 25mm Lust racing lower dog bones, the lower comfort seat and also fitted a brutale sidestand which is about 15mm shorter than the Turismo. Although I did about 5000 miles with the original setup I was always nervous but now much happier. I am just under 5'8"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Forgot to say. The centre stand in the original set up is way too difficult to operate. With fully loaded luggage the "moment" of the centre stand is too high. You actually have to lift the bike up first to set the centre stand. Obviously with it lowered it can't work so took it off.!! Ps thought of platform boots before but they went out with ABBA.. Ha ha....
I fitted 25mm Lust racing lower dog bones, the lower comfort seat and also fitted a brutale sidestand which is about 15mm shorter than the Turismo. Although I did about 5000 miles with the original setup I was always nervous but now much happier. I am just under 5'8"
I also used the Lusso dog bones but the 35mm. Side stand might have been an issue but the bike is stable enough with the modified lean angle which obviously is a touch more to the vertical.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts