MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You know, I feel bad for Danny. He is a talented rider, very fast, and he proved over the last few years that is not afraid to bang bars and elbows. But he just cant seem to string a complete, strong season together. He will never win a MotoGP championship.
He will retire like Mamola did. He beat the best riders in the world on many occasions but never won the title!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
He sure was missed during the following laps and he could have made it might more interesting.
I loved to see Rossi fighting for so many laps with MM.
Next Year will be hopefully tougher for MM with the Yamahas gaining on the Hondas, lately.
His brother AM had quite a tough time either with Miller defending his title hopes.
Loved it!

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
:stickpoke What about the spoiler rules??????? :stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What, almost a week after the race, if you don't know the result by now, you're not a fan. :loser:

Anyway, I was referring to Marc taking out the Champoinship, not just a race.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know, I feel bad for Danny. He is a talented rider, very fast, and he proved over the last few years that is not afraid to bang bars and elbows. But he just cant seem to string a complete, strong season together. He will never win a MotoGP championship.
He will retire like Mamola did. He beat the best riders in the world on many occasions but never won the title!
I agree Balz, he's just been up against the best of riders at the worst of times. I watched a 90min documentary on Marc a couple of weeks ago, and even Agostini said the same thing, bad luck and bad timing, by having the two most in shape and talented riders in recent times as team mates, big odds to beat.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
What did I spoil here Erik?
I put some comments to the cartoon and might triggered Your interest in watching the races.
From my comments You will not have a glimpse of a clue what happened.
And if You haven't watched it yet You will might stumble into the last round of Valencia instead.
But than I guess weather is getting colder now behind the dyke and You forgot that there is still motorcycle racing going on.
Next weekend is the final for WSBK with Cluzel and the F3 starting in WSSP.
A week after is than Moto GP again for the final round.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Not you Ralph!! You did not start the topic. And I did not forget anything as I did see the race.

It was for Dons! Not keeping his own propagated spoiler rules. Practice what you preach is the motto here!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Not you Ralph!! You did not start the topic. And I did not forget anything as I did see the race.

It was for Dons! Not keeping his own propagated spoiler rules. Practice what you preach is the motto here!
:laughing:You are soooo busted Donsy!!! This is a total a spoiler for the race from Sunday, (it's only Thursday here), and I am on a frigate in the south Atlantic Ocean, (not really) and can't download a 2 GB file, am I not a fan? AM I NOT A FAN? :stickpoke:popcorn:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
:laughing:You are soooo busted Donsy!!! This is a total a spoiler for the race from Sunday, (it's only Thursday here), and I am on a frigate in the south Atlantic Ocean, (not really) and can't download a 2 GB file, am I not a fan? AM I NOT A FAN? :stickpoke:popcorn:
:D :popcorn:

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I feel for you Ian, just not much.
As for Erick, they where not my rules to start with, you're just sour because you got told off.
As for the rule, and I'm open to suggestions, if you have not seen a weekends race after three days, at least avoid the race section, we have a right to be able to discuss the friggen eventually.
I was told not to post results, when I broke the rule, for at least 48 hours after event.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
First I am not a fan, now I am sour... It's always so nice to see that you know it all...
Actually the only thing I am doing is provocating. It's my nature... cant help it... will happen more often... I am very sure of that ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First I am not a fan, now I am sour... It's always so nice to see that you know it all...
Actually the only thing I am doing is provocating. It's my nature... cant help it... will happen more often... I am very sure of that ;)
I know.:loser:

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
We've moved from loser to wanker...now where?

I, for one, living in the best of the worst, USA, have difficulty watching races when scheduled and sometimes don' get to see a race for a week, OR TWO, after the race. During those times I avoid the RACE section of the forum like the plague.

As long as results, or hints of results, or blushes of hints of results, aren't posted in the THREAD TITLE, then discuss away.:nutkick: (It was all I could think of....:smoking:)

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hear you Chuck, as you know, I've always been a strong supporter of the spoiler rule. So, when I enforce the rule as a mod, I get crapped on by guys like Erik, if I don't, he has a go at me while openly admitting to just stirring the pot.

You know what, i'll say sorry, for the last time, I've had enough of this ungrateful game.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I, for one, living in the best of the worst, USA, have difficulty watching races when scheduled and sometimes don' get to see a race for a week, OR TWO, after the race. (It was all I could think of....:smoking:)
Chuck I'm usually far away from home and in countries were broadcasting on telly is in languages I don't know or the times don't match my work schedule.
So it was frequently recommended by me and others to watch MotoGP on www.motogp.com and World Superbike on www.worldsbk.com.
It costs a few bucks thats true but it is for an entire season, including practice and qualifying, for complete races of all classes and this in live stream or on tape, when ever You wish, in the language You choose.
In my eyes a fabulous way to enjoy motorcycle racing.
And so it would be for any racing enthusiast if local broadcasting sucks.

·
Super Moderator
22,045 Posts
I hear you Chuck, as you know, I've always been a strong supporter of the spoiler rule. So, when I enforce the rule as a mod, I get crapped on by guys like Erik, if I don't, he has a go at me while openly admitting to just stirring the pot.

You know what, i'll say sorry, for the last time, I've had enough of this ungrateful game.
Dons, I'm not having a go at you. People, however, will try by the sword....

I can't tell you how many times I've set up a "rule" only to have it shoved down my throat by the first possible person. It goes bck to my original signature line: Keep your words soft and sweet, for someday you shall eat them.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts

You know that it is not meant like that, but of course you can make out of it whatever you want.

On the serious note then... The spoiler rule is a good one, and many many years ago I was pointed out to keep it being unaware of it. Since then I did and I am not sour about the pointing out; it was a valid point. So I am not against enforcing it and I dont really have a clear view on why you would think that. If the spoiler is in the title or not does not change it if it is not clear by the title what the content of the topic is. So from that perspective after the last race this IS a spoiler. Like Ralf I work now abroad and not always able to see the races live. There would have been a realistic chance that this would have been a spoiler for me. And that is NOT because I am not a fan, but because I am working 18 hours per day in a foreign country.

So reinforcing the spoiler rule would also mean for me that the content of the topic is made clear in the title so that there is an actual choice possible.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The spoiler rule is just common courtesy and common sense! It should not need an explanation!

I don't feel that Donys spoiled anything at all! I saw the illustration as how it relates to the world championship, and not how it related to the last race.
Just for the fact that it could be taken either way, did not make this illustration a spoiler at all.
It's very simple! If you are worried about spoilers, DON'T LOOK at the racing section before you have seen the race, DUUUHH!!!!
Just MHO.

The bickering, character attacks, and vindictive schoolboy behavior that has been going on here lately, is getting REALLY OLD!!

Can we please just go back to kicking tires and talking motorcycles?It's a lot more fun!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts