MV Agusta Forum banner

Heavier rear spring for brute.

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  airfuel 
#1 ·
I have determined that because I am in such great shape and have such huge muscles :laughing: I need a heavier rear spring for my 910R.

After being on the track, the following chart shows I need this bike re- sprung. (no I am not the typical 180 pound rider)
Where can I get a rear spring for the Sachs unit???

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Despite the problems, I think that tire looks awesome all shredded.....

#5 ·
James, what do you mean by "3 way"

I have an Ohlins spring that I took off my Guzzi when I re-sprung that bike so I will check dimensions.

JamesC said:
Hi John,

I believe you can get a spring for most mainline Ohlins units that fit precisely. Confirm with them to double check the new 3 way but I believe this is still the case.

#8 ·
Airfuel - so exactly how much do you weigh in all your gear? secondly what tire pressures were you running at Mid Ohio? and what was the track temp? Did you set up your static sag f/r before you went - how much? 32mm front 25mm rear? more Less??The melt pattern of your rear could indicate wrong sag/rebound not necessarily spring rate. Lindemann are my personal favourites - everything I have everdone with them has been absolutely brilliant straight out of the box, highly recommended.
http://www.le-suspension.com/catalog/default.php

#10 ·
I probably am in the mid-upper 130's with all gear.
(yes I need to do this more :conveyer: )

I was running 33psi first session and the wear showed, I lowered it to 30 psi second day and it did not get any worse. Some say the Supercorsa pros actually need MORE pressure.
Front was 29psi at all times and is wearing nicely.

I set rear sag to 25mm front was just over 30mm.
I had to really crank down the rear spring to get that sag!!

We ran the track late afternoon early evening and it was in the mid 90's during the day so it was HOT!!!

Also, Mid ohio was just re-paved so they said it was very abrasive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

quacker998 said:
Airfuel - so exactly how much do you weigh in all your gear? secondly what tire pressures were you running at Mid Ohio? and what was the track temp? Did you set up your static sag f/r before you went - how much? 32mm front 25mm rear? more Less??The melt pattern of your rear could indicate wrong sag/rebound not necessarily spring rate. Lindemann are my personal favourites - everything I have everdone with them has been absolutely brilliant straight out of the box, highly recommended.
http://www.le-suspension.com/catalog/default.php

#12 ·
anucci said:
Holy crap John, that's impressive.
How about some PICS!!!
Also, I don't mean to be a smart ass, but you look like you weigh a little more than 130. Did you mean to say 180?
Yeah 180!! That's it!!! (when I was in 6th grade!)

:flickoff:

Mid -upper 230's is about right!

Glad yer back Tony!

Photos soon!

#13 ·
Ok if your around 230 you will need a new spring - especially if you had to put a large amount of preload into the rear shock to get the correct sag. So off you go take your 910R apart bit by bit and remove that rear shock! The spring on your bike is probably set up for a 180-200# rider, I'm not sure how rebuildable that sachs shock is so maybe you should just fork out the pennies for an Ohlins tripple or perhaps a penske with a titanium spring which is very trick and really good [better than ohlins imho got one on my gsxr1000 track bike and it is really good] once again check out the lindemann site they will set up the shock for your weight and riding style before sending it to you and provide some support to set it up. only my 2c Mr Airfuel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.