MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
Did you top up the antifreeze at the same time?

·
Administrator
18,824 Posts
Do not fill past the MINIMUM mark.....she'll piss it out until she finds the happy level...almost always at minimum cold.

Heat wrap should not affect coolant temp.

Oh WOW....this was my 10,000th post. Never saw that coming!!!

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
I have heard or had mixed feelings on using heat wrap. Just curious on why you are using it unless it is for a race application.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The right side fairing is starting to warp where it meets the bottom section so I figured I take some heat away
I am waiting from mv for replacement under warranty but its August in Italy so it's September for reply the dealer is handling it

·
Super Moderator
21,411 Posts
Alexander, follow Ed's advice. Maintain the level of the coolant just at the MINIMUM level mark when cold. Otherwise it will overflow when hot.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I read one of the only benefits of the wrapping the headers is torque scavenging, but I also read that it can degrade your headers rapidly.

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
wtf?????

If you really think about it heat wrap under a closed fairing is not going to anything. Try some reflective blanket on the inside of the fairing
That's what I thought to number 2 in regards to exhaust wrap
Really? ever ceramic coat a set of pipes and notice the heat given off difference?
or ask the turbo folks?????

·
Registered
212 Posts
All i can do is tell you of my family's experience regarding wraps. We have a couple of pre 2005 F4s in our house hold, one has had wraps for about 10 years with the wraps being replaced about every 3 years or so. Never had a moments problem with doing so, the manifolds have not rotted through. Also my own F4 has had manifold wraps on as well as shield on the whole inside of the fairings. When I first bought the bike last year the right hand side fairing was very distorted due to the panel turning to toffee. The panels were re painted and covered, now the panels are not scolding to touch as they once were. I have done over 3K miles in about 4 months so far.
One little mod i did to a spare lower belly pan was cut out the little triangle duct all together. This area seems to suffer on F4s from discoloring and bubbling due to how close it sits to the lower down pipes. It does not look obvious and it works great.
I am interested to know from anyone who acually has had problems with corrosion due to wrapping and how long did it take? How come our other bikes manifold has held up so well? Also i have searched every were and for the life of me i cant find any pictures of a F4 manifold corroded due to wrapping, can anyone post one up? This is simply my/our expereance, dont have a go at me for posting up our findings. Brando

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts