MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experiance wrapping their exhaust with Heat Wrap, specifically from Thermo Tec. I am getting a set of sil pipes and thought about wrapping them when i first get them to try and help with the heat. I have seen people that have used the heat shielding, but i am thinking the black wrap you can buy wouldn't look that bad if done right. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
By the way GE&H, I might be the only one who gets your moniker..my favorite book as a kid..anyway, no have never even thought of disturbing the lines on the pipes...thought of putting special engine foil wrap, like on race cars under the though..hummm.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jet-Hot Coating

I use the screen name b/c my dad's name was same and he had a GE&H shirt he loved to wear. so it always cracks me up. Picture a 45 year old man with long white hair in a white t-shirt with GE&H on the front, that has got to make anyone laugh.

I posted on another board and some people have suggested the ceramic coating my jet-hot. i have to admit it would look pretty damn good to see a set of sil motor's CF pipes with black coating from the cans down the pipes and midpipe. i am just trying to figure out if anyone can give me a price estimate b/c i know it will be more than if i wrapped they with thermo tec. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your OLD MAN sounds cool. Sorry, no advise on the coating, my expertise doesn't go there. If you did, send me some pics..I'll be back next week, so maybe sun/sat, we can rolto the Rock store or Paradise cove...DB

·
Registered
77 Posts
The heat wrap will help the heat you feel... but I'm told that wrapping the pipes will cause them to rot out in a year or so. So you may have to be prepaired to replace them.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i am pretty sure i am going to do the Jet-hot coating. b/c i didn't get anything in titanium it sounds like it should work really well. Thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts