MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well out for a great ride last Sunday, and ran across possibly the worst section of tarmac in Tassie, (no self-respecting Goats in sight). In about 300 metres she had 3 attempts at a full-on Tank slap, when I stopped to re-fuel shortly after I discovered that the Tripmeter had self re-set!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well out for a great ride last Sunday, and ran across possibly the worst section of tarmac in Tassie, (no self-respecting Goats in sight). In about 300 metres she had 3 attempts at a full-on Tank slap, when I stopped to re-fuel shortly after I discovered that the Tripmeter had self re-set!
WAW.....
Finally someone figured out an easy way to reset that F...")(§(!!--ing
display....lol:stickpoke
cheers
Peter

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Agreed, definitely a poor connnection somewhere. That's the only thing that seems to reset it in less than 2 minutes :p

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Used to hate trying to reset the trip on my B4, gave up trying! . Now on the B3, hold down one button on the handlebar for 4 seconds job done!:stickpoke

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Trip meter used to reset when the bike wouldn't start. Check the 4 pin plug on the starter solenoid. On mine it was the loose female connector on the ecu feed wire (the really thin cables). Pics in my gallery.
Dielectric grease on all connectors will help.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
?

The question is; Why the tankslapper?
too much rebound in the rear......

my Aprilia RSVR did the same thing until I backed the rear end off...... terrifying lock to lock ones

and I went from a 105Nm spring to a 80Nm in the rear

in the front 1.0Kg/mm to a 0.85Kg/mm and 5wt oil instead of 20wt

and a revalve made it a bike I will never sell.....

it's not as stiff as an Egli...... I don't like the way it slides.....

frame wiggles......BUT it did make me ride in shorts to

slow me down:jsm::jsm:

I was going to die on it......favorite turn in the US, West bound 91 sweeper to the

the South bound 110 at ~130......through light traffic...those polished

steel expansion strips are scary until you get used to them....front end

goes ~4" then the rear does the same

now I just......cruise LOLOL

:popcorn:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts