MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I want the option of being able to switch my headlight off...occasionally. So I was wondering if the left hand switch gear from an earlier MV 750?? with this feature could be swapped over with mine 'Brutale 1078rr' and give me this option?. Is the connector plug and wiring compatable and If I get one will it be an easy swap....or am I opening a 'can of worms'??. Appreciate any help as there's one on ebay....and I'm tempted!. Cheers Brian:)

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Just hide a spst switch in the positive wire somwhere.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks so much for that link....I've just sent an enquiry off to them about it. However I forgot to ask if the main 'body' of the switch is black...or dark grey?.

·
Registered
14,572 Posts
?

there are ~4 part #s for the switch....some allow you to turn it off

:drummer:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Can anyone get that part number? I remember seeing a distributor here in the US for it too, but it seemed they were selling as an "upgrade". If anyone is in the market this switch was made for, can you confirm that part number for us?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have an 05, plus I think some or total re-wiring is possible. I have already taken mine apart since I use the horn as my garage opener.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I emailed them regarding this as it was just what I was after. However I got a reply saying they will not ship it to the UK ??!. Strange and disapointing... Anyway I hit the option to translate the link into English to make things clearer and it'll fit F4's up to 1078 and they say Brutales up to 989....however they are currently out of stock but when they get them in again, You never know..your country may be on their 'ship to list http://item.rakuten.co.jp/motocorse/838900/'.

·
Registered
14,572 Posts
headlights OFF?

Brian;
Aprilia use the same switches probably Ducati too...
double check and then scout ebay:stickpoke

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brian;
Aprilia use the same switches probably Ducati too...
double check and then scout ebay:stickpoke
Hey Noel your'e right!...had a look on Ebay and found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-RSV-MILLE-98-03-LEFT-INDICATOR-SWITCH-GEAR-SWITCHGEAR-01-02-/110751606342?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19c94f6646#ht_500wt_949 However my switch has an additional wire connector (in addition to the larger main connector) jist like the one in the link http://item.rakuten.co.jp/motocorse/838900/ and this (smaller additional connector) fits into a port on the underside of the clutch lever. The Aprillia one does not seem to have this. Had a look a ducati ones and they seem to be the same?. I might just buy one of these anyway from ebay and have a look inside to see what is going on in there....bit of investigation!. Cheers Brian. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts