MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can shed some light (no pun intended) on this. I've just been putting back on my bike all the lights, mirrors, license plate, etc. which I normally take off prior to doing track days. After finishing refitting everything I carried out the usual checks and found that everything except for the main headlight beam were working. I've checked the fuse (even though the main beam and high beam both work through the same fuse and the high beam works perfectly) so fuse is ok. I've tried two different bulbs and both don't work (one is new). I'm a little stumped so far. I wasn't able to check for a current through the wire which connects to the main bulb as I didn't have my multimeter with me. I'll be doing that first thing tomorrow morning. The bike hasn't been out in rain at all (in fact it hasn't been ridden since MV Owners trackday at Cadwell in August) and is kept garaged all the time. It started first time and like I said all the indicators, break lights, high beam and two small running lights situated either side of the main bean work fine....it's just the main beam that doesn't want to work.
If anyone has any ideas as to what the problem might be and possible solutions I'd be greatful. Many thanks and safe riding to all those taking advantage of this weekends good weather.

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I don't know how much help this is since I don't have any experience with MV's electrical system... but, I looked at one of the wiring schematics for an f4 and it looks like there are two relays. One for the high beam and another for the low beam. Off to the side are a couple of symbols that I dont recognize, possibly connectors or fuses. I'd have a look at those relays and doublecheck any connectors you might have disconnected. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Will check it all out tomorrow and post the results for future reference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Main beam

Thanks guys. Will check it all out tomorrow and post the results for future reference.

Hi, how did you get on with this problem........I think i have the same trouble. Changed bulbs and getting voltage at the bulb but it just won't light. Cheers Kev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts