MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Do a search for motorcycle led conversion kits. One like this

be mindful about the size required to fit LED bulb and how much room you have in there. Looks larger than the HID bulb. I think it's cheap enough to try and it if they don't fit, just return it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hello there,
I have don what you want to do, i put a link to the types of bulbs I used and they fit in the headlighthousing. Just one problem the dipped beam doesn't produce enough light for longtime driving at night and I am now thinking of replacing that one with a bi-xenon HID projector unit. I will leave the led highbeam in to work parallel with the HID unit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Fanless...ash=item2837cacdbc:g:S~8AAOSwceNZRCKc&vxp=mtr

Gr Armando

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Id do HID. The way LEDs work its individual points of light and they are never lined up in our housing right, which is designed for a single point of light from a filament. LEDs cant replicate that. HIDs have the little capsule aligned in the same place as the filament would have been so its a far more effective light.

ddmtuning is the kit I have had for 6 years now.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I would also fit a HID to the low beam but not use an led bulb at all for the high - they are not that great.

You would be better off replacing the 9005 high beam with a 9011 HIR1 bulb.

Original 9005 : 1700 lumen
Osram Nighht Breaker Unlimited 9005: 1860 lumen
Osram 9011 HIR1: 2500 lumen

HID is around 3000 lumen

Big difference on the original....

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just put the Bi-xenon Hid projector in the headlight(top one), plus I added some daylight driving lights to the mix. I will run the Hid kit separate from the normal lights via a relay directly from the battery, just to prevent problems. I also took a shield out of the highbeam projector to give me some more light on the road, still run a LED kit in that one.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts