MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

Does anyone know what is required to make a French-registered F4 meet the U.K. requirements?

The speedometer is one requirements but that can easily be done on the electronic menu.

As far as I can see the only mechanical change is the dipped beam direction. Or is it a flat-beam as standard on the F4 in which case no changes to the headlight are required.

It will probably need an SVA test because I do not have the original CoC

Anybody?

Regards

David
:f4:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hi David,
The UK models have a different headlamp assembly, they are marked "UK" in the casting under the headlamp glass, I happen to have a spare if you get stuck.
Regards jimboF4

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Jimbo

Thanks for that

I might still have the option to keep the bike in France. I will know more by the end of June.
If not then I may be interested in your headlight.

David

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Hello All

Does anyone know what is required to make a French-registered F4 meet the U.K. requirements?

The speedometer is one requirements but that can easily be done on the electronic menu.

As far as I can see the only mechanical change is the dipped beam direction. Or is it a flat-beam as standard on the F4 in which case no changes to the headlight are required.

It will probably need an SVA test because I do not have the original CoC

Anybody?

Regards

David
:f4:
Google importing a vehicle from france to uk DVLA for the red tape. I have found in the past that calling into a DVLA office cuts to the chase and they have always been very helpful to me at Garretts Green, Birmingham.

and don't neglect to remove the string of onions from the handlebars ; )

:naughty:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strangely - the bike did not have any onions when i picked it up? I had a feeling there was something "missing"..Maybe I should have complained...??:))))))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts