MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just got my bike (Rivale) back from the dealers after some warranty repairs and I noticed this part has come away from the centre of the headlight and was rattling around in the headlight itself. I guess I need a new headlight but in the meantime is it going to cause issue for me or other road users?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
That doesn't look good, is it the shield that prevents the bulb being visible from the front? If it is then you'll be dazzling oncoming traffic on both high and low beam. As well as being annoying/dangerous it'll likely get you pulled over by the police, might take a while due to so few of them still being on the roads of this fair isle... sods law dictates you'll get one the first time out at night though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
... I guess I need a new headlight but in the meantime is it going to cause issue for me or other road users?
Probably :bawling:
especially at night.

Dip the reflector using BOTH screws in the back

This will lower the beam.
Case you need to see farther in the dark, blip the throttle.

DAMHIK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, just got it back and was looking forward to trouble free riding.........!

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Not sure if lowering the headlight is going to help as the bare bulb, as the brightest light source, will be visible from the front. Liked the wheelie to see further bit though :laughing:

Owch! €370 + tax

For that I would be attempting a repair. Not sure how the lens is bonded to the reflector but I know for some headlights gently heating in an oven can soften the joint enough to split them apart without damage. Need to be careful not to melt the plastic, though it's likely quite resistant to heat anyway. You'd then need to securely relocate the loose part and reseal the joint.

That's unless you can perform key-hole surgery though the bulb aperture. It'll be like one of those ships in a bottle...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would hope this would be replaced under warranty as there is no way it could be caused by me plus it was ok before it went in for repairs. I will see what the dealer has to say.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I would hope this would be replaced under warranty as there is no way it could be caused by me plus it was ok before it went in for repairs. I will see what the dealer has to say.
That's a point, wouldn't expect that to fail = manufacturing defect/sub standard part. Good luck with your dealer and the claim.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great service as usual from Ed Cosker Superbikes, replacement headlight being sent to me, faulty one just needs to be sent back the other way.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Great service as usual from Ed Cosker Superbikes, replacement headlight being sent to me, faulty one just needs to be sent back the other way.
:highclap: Great news.

Ed's my dealer but only 20 miles (and very nice miles they are too) up the road.

Will be a real shame if he gives up his MV franchise at the end of the year. One of the reasons I'm rooting for the AMG takeover to happen, looking less likely now though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts