MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bike doesn't have a on/off headlamp switch, I would like one. Has anybody converted one over to an on/off type? Does it just need the handlebar switch replacing or is there more to it, relays etc?
Gazz

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
plan on doing some *stealth* riding?
It's illegal here in the states for a non-lighted/indicator bike to be on the street.... not sure about the UK

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
All you need to do is wire an on off switch in the hot lead to the hi lo beam relay. Switch off, no headlight. Switch on, night becomes day.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I'm fairly certian you just need the new switchgear, which you can get from multiple places, MV buys from the same supplier as Piaggio and Aprillia (and I'm betting the scooter part is a whole lot cheaper than the MV part!)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not planning to do any stealth riding, although a stealth mode would be a valuable option when it comes to law enforcement radar and laser detectors!! Perhaps some F117A technology could be incorporated into fairing design, just a thought :)

Here in the UK you don't have to ride in the daylight hours with your lamp on, however you are strongly advised to do so and in fact I do about 90% of the time. We know our batteries aren't the strongest in the world so, if you haven't ridden your bike for a while it would be an advantage to switch the ignition on without the lamps sucking the juice out of the battery.

Gazz

·
Registered
53 Posts
The Ducati euro switch will work. There were 3 different types of plugs used, so get one for the post 2003 ducatis. There was also a company called bike-gizmos in Australia that used to sell a headlight interlock and turned off the headlight until the bike was started. http://www.bike-gizmos.com/

·
Administrator
18,834 Posts
Some bikes have an interrupter circuit in the starter button that turns off lights while the button is pushed. MV starter relay circuitry precludes that. A relay triggered by alternator output to turn on the lights after engine starts could be installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts